Ignition Systems??

SS/GN

On the v8 turbo combinations what are you guys using for ignition ie MSD etc.Just curious:cool:

Kevin

It depends on the power goal.

I have used the 7al up to 1500hp

Have used the 7531 with the big red coil up to 2200hp

The new power grid looks to be the best way to go now but there should be some used boxes hitting the market as others swap over.

Just be careful with the digital boxes like the 7531. The can crap out at any time and the help you get from MSD is terrible in most cases. I have bought used boxes but they are from people I really trust.

It depends on the power goal.

I have used the 7al up to 1500hp

Have used the 7531 with the big red coil up to 2200hp

The new power grid looks to be the best way to go now but there should be some used boxes hitting the market as others swap over.

Just be careful with the digital boxes like the 7531. The can crap out at any time and the help you get from MSD is terrible in most cases. I have bought used boxes but they are from people I really trust.

Power Grid????We are looking at ICE ignitions.:confused:The MSD digital does not seem to have a good rep anywhere:rolleyes:.I am also doing a carbed BB and am looking at the Kenne Bell boostaspark and an HEI.Any thoughts:biggrin:

Kevin

Power Grid????We are looking at ICE ignitions.:confused:The MSD digital does not seem to have a good rep anywhere:rolleyes:.I am also doing a carbed BB and am looking at the Kenne Bell boostaspark and an HEI.Any thoughts:biggrin:

Kevin

What do you mean by ICE ignitions?

The power grid is MSD's new ignition line-up. It's replacing the digital boxes. They have info on their website.

I have a blow through carb deal at the house now I'm currently tuning on. Had to remove the HEI distributor and put a MSD pro-billet on the car so we could tune the ignition system. There was rotor phasing issues with the HEI. I don't like running the timing locked out at a low value so I'm using the MSD distributor with a 6BTM box. Running 34 degrees of timing at cruise and then pulling the timing out for 20 degrees of timing on pump gas.

FWIW. After spending what this guy has spent trying to make the carb work like EFI he should have went EFI from the start.

If your in Australia I say go for it. If your here in the USA I hope they have some sort of support system you can work with locally.

I am in Canada :rolleyes:but alot of these are being sold in the US.Go over to yellowbullet.They are gaining popularity.:biggrin:I think people are getting tired of MSD quality:eek:

Kevin

I am in Canada :rolleyes:but alot of these are being sold in the US.Go over to yellowbullet.They are gaining popularity.:biggrin:I think people are getting tired of MSD quality:eek:

Kevin

I've been tired of MSD quality since the 1st time the 7531 crapped out on me...then the 2nd sis the same:mad:

The bad thing for me is I use so many options in the 7531 to manage the power on slick tracks I need it. I live by it and die by it. I'm working on something else now to hopefully get away from it.