"Idiot" brake light coming on when applying brakes - HELP!

CM87GN

Hi, this is my first post as I'm new to the forum. I have an 87 GN and haven't really done that much to it except on my own. I live in Western CT. I'm hoping someone can help me out with information and a problem I'm having.

First of all, does anybody know a good TR mechanic in CT (Waterbury/Danbury area)? if so I would appreciate the contact info.

#2. Recently, after putting all new brake shoes, drums and rotors on my 87 GN the brake light on my dashboard started coming on when applying the brakes. The car still has full braking power but the pedal seems a little "spongy". Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone offer some input? Thanks.

Is it the powermaster system on the GN? Maybe you need to bleed the air out of the system more. The accumulator might be going bad also on the powermaster unit.

Is it the powermaster system on the GN? Maybe you need to bleed the air out of the system more. The accumulator might be going bad also on the powermaster unit.

Agreed,
Powermasters need maintenance, if you want to take the easy route, grab a brake pedal and master cyl. from an old non-turbo buick, and run vacuum brakes.
I was sick of my powermaster failing, and having no brakes in traffic.

Welcome to the site. At the link below, you should be able to find all of the info you need on the powermaster system, as well as troubleshooting guide.

Sounds like the accumulator ball or air in the lines to me if it is a powermaster system.

Brake System

Switch or accum sounds like.
When you see the prices of these parts you may want to consider the vac route. I rebuilt my PM and replaced every thing, sw, accum, motor at the same time and she lastedabout 2 years before the sw started messing up and the sw being over 150 I said screw it and swapped brakes hold as much boost and no down sides.