I want to change my injectors need info

GNX548

I'm looking into changing my injectors but don't know sh*t about them. My car only has 42,000 original miles and is all stock. I was reading kirbans book and they say to stay close to stock (which I want to do) go with the Green Stripe performance injectors set. The green stripe has disc ends not pintle ( sounds good). Anyone know about these or others and how hard is it to change these. Step by step would be great. remember I want to stay as close to stock as can. Thanks

First thing to do is purge your system of fuel pressure (maybe by pulling the fuel pump fuse and cranking for a few seconds), then remove the bolts holding the fuel rail on the injectors, then remove the electrical connector on each injector (don't mix them up, just like not mixing up spark plug wires), then remove each injector. Installation is reversed, except put a little oil on the injector seals (to keep from rupturing the seal).

Also, did you notice the advertisers specials from racetronix. They have a injector sale for 37lbs injectors (does not require ecm modification) @$35 each. That works out to around $210 plus shipping.

It doesn't matter what Kirban's book says, they are in the business to sell their injectors, their parts. I don't think they sell larger injectors anyway.

I highly recommend getting something like 36lb bluetops, 40lb redstripes, or 42lb 009's. I don't see any reason to stay close to stock, the cars run fine with a correct chip for the bigger injectors. There are several persons to burn a good chip for these injectors. Follow the instructions found in the tech section of www.gnttype.org.
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/fuelsystem/fuelpage.html

One thing I noticed is that they are hard to get out. It may sound crude, but I knew leverage would help. I placed a piece of 2x4 on the valve cover and used a really big screwdriver to pry underneath the injectors lip to pop them out. I bet someone has a puller that is made for that application though.

Also, I have a car with similar mileage and am leaving the stock injectors in the car since they should go easy low 12's. Injectors are a mod you can do later depending on how fast you want to go. If you haven't done a fuel pump and hotwire kit, I recommend that first. See the link above for fuel systems info, it is very important on these cars.

I wouldn't plan on "easy low 12's" on stock injectors unless your car weighs 3,000 lbs......stockers are done at about 13.0 and 105 mph at normal weight (check Lubrant's injector chart)

If you are going to change injectors, upgrade them to at least 36 lbers, otherwise leave them alone

36lb bluetops.... 36lb bluetops.... 36lb bluetops... 36lb bluetops...

I love these injectors. They are awesome. Wish I could still run them. You won't be dissapointed. Make sure you get the real ones though with the Ford logo on them. Accept no imitations or "similar" injectors.

Originally posted by azgn
I wouldn't plan on "easy low 12's" on stock injectors unless your car weighs 3,000 lbs......stockers are done at about 13.0 and 105 mph at normal weight (check Lubrant's injector chart)

azgn, you're right. Should have said into the 12's, that's what I'm shooting for. My T is a low option also. Might of had a 12 already if I learn how to launch :) . That was my first time at the dragstrip :D