I live in Marion, IL and need help with my car

short_dustin

Like the title says, my car isn't running quite right and I don't have the knowledge or time to figure it out right now, I just need someone to go for a ride in the car that knows more than me about them and tell me what they think. I have started a thread about my problem titled "knock at 5psi?" if that gives anyone an idea of what I should look for?

I'm happy to pay somebody that KNOWS these cars to take a look at it and give me their $0.02.

If someone wants to take a look and tell me what they think let me know and I'll PM you my phone number to set up a time.

Dustin.

Mt . Vernon here. I will look for you thread . do you think it has knock or is the exhaust or something just setting off the knock sensor ?

How far are you from Chicago

I'm about 6 hours south of Chicago

Brad T, I didn't even think of comparing the fuel pressure to the boost, as far as boost control this is where I really don't know much. Isn't the boost controlled with the waste gate actuator?

Do you have a boost controller in the car or is it still being controlled by the ecm {reds chip } ?

Well I'm a big idiot :oops: I just realized the vacuum cap on the other side of the T going to the boost gauge was old and cracked and had a leak in it. I was running 26lb of boost. I can't believe I didn't tear anything up! Anyway I'm at 15 psi with NO KNOCK thank God its fixed. Thanks guys

Brad T as far as boost control, I thought the wastegate actuator controlled the boost? Is that not correct?

Yes but what controls it ? Sounds like it is still controlled by the stock ecm and that is set by Reds chip. Glad you found it before you hurt the motor .