I have secured a date for LACR April 23, 2005

hurstbuick

Hey guys, The date for the race at LACR will be April 23, 2005 Saturday a 1 day only event. We will be racing in our own classes with eliminations and PRIZE $$$$ We would get at lease 4 to 5 qualifing rounds before elimintions if not more qualifing rounds and remember this is a 1/4 mile track. The only requirement I would need is for all to fill out a Pre-registration form with $ 20 deposit to guarantee you will be there for a spot in the event. Remember its a 1 day race only. To do this program and make it work I would need a minimum of 25 cars to Pre-register to guarantee the track and the club it would be worth our time and effort. You have 2 ways to Pre-Register one way is to pay by credit card on the web site and also fill out flyer form and fax back to me at 714-772-6201 or email form to me at hurstbuick@aol.com the second way is print out flyer and fill out and mail back with your check to club P.O. Box 8687, Anaheim, CA 92812-0687. Remember I need all in by no later than April 19, 2005 " Hope to see you all at the races"

If you have any questions feel free to call the club Hotline at 714-772-6201 Remember the magic number is 25 Cars Minimum.

Don't forget the 13th Annual BUICKS AT BATES NUT FARM CAR SHOW June 5, 2005 for more info go to the Club Web site at http://www.bgnra.org and check out the Flyer on the event and the race at LACR

Thanks, Steve Hurst, President- BGNRA
hurstbuick@aol.com http://www.bgnra.org

Isn't anybody signing up for this event?
After Steve went to the trouble to schedula a date, this is not a good showing of hands. Considering the fact that I am not a racer, and I do not race, and that I only am a spectator at these events, I can't really complain about other people not signing up, but I am hoping that enough people sign up to make this event happen. I was already looking forward to seeing everybody out there.

LACR 4/23/05

RU Kidding!
I'll sign up just to be there. She's still a slow-poke, I'll have to avoid embarassing myself & stay off the track, but I've been waiting for something like this for over a year. I run older muscle cars but kinda new @ & unknowledgeable about these "new cars". It will be great to gawk at modified GN's, glean info from fellow racers & hopefully get to know a few of you. Count me in
:D :D :D Where do I get the form?

Where do I get the form?
Steve Hurst's opening post above tells, how, where, & so forth.

There's a form on bgnra.org, though its not showing up right for me. I'm planning on coming, that is if we can actually get 25 So. Cal TRs together in one place!

how to make online payment for event>

steve
do we send a paypal to hurstbuick@aol or use the online BGNRA registration which is $25?

would prefer to use pay pal and fax in the paperwork

andrew

Hi again Steve. Weather seems to be working out about perfect.

Couple of questions:
1. Do I/we need confirmation of payment to attend?, I assume
there will be some kind of 'check-in' for that purpose; I had
made payment in form of a check sent by mail.
2. Leads me to ask if there will be a seperate check-in for us &
where will that be or how to ID?
3. Someone else asks good question, are the mininum number of
cars registered (to allow our event)?
Really looking forward to it :D
Thanks....Ray

i talked to steve and he said it was fine if we paid at the door.
he was also expecting 30 cars. so the more the better. ill be there.

andrew

grey 86 t-type

I might be able to make it, if everything work out at work, prepping for are Marines to deploy next week is effecting everything:(

If so, is it guarenteed that we can pay at the door to race? I haven't heard anything on this until recently :confused:

Pay at the Door?

Wow! a Marine AND a GN...now that's cool.
Ask 'em to hold the war 'till after the run.

Steve said that like most tracks, we pay the regular track fee upon entry (I forgot how much, usually $30-$35).
Then the line proceeds directly to inspection.
The line then goes towards the pits, and near end of that we will veer to right to group the GN's. Steve will be walking about with clip board, and those not prepaid for the GN portion can pay him.
The GN fee is to allow us to be grouped and guaranteed runs together as a club event.
Weather supposed to be great, the altitude will be the only killer.
Looking forward meeting folks & seeing different set-ups.

steve said paid at the door is ok.
track fees first at gate
event fee with steve for bracket racing
a

Sounds good! Besides the gate fee, what do we need to pay Steve, I still need to pay him as I didn't prepay. Thanks.

Reply on Bracket Race Set up.

If you are going to race in the BGNRA BRACKET RACES you will need to register with me for the difference Brackets ranging from 10:50 ET to 14 Seconds and slower just bring more cash for this and come see me at the track.

Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA