I can't believe it!

czimpel

Boost...gotta get some!
I have to start by saying that I never thought this would ever happen, I live in a smaller city in Central Minnesota, and we don't have a lot of nice cars or places to really have some good stoplight runs. I read the Kill stories all of the time and am always impressed and jealous of those of you who get to run against some fast cars.

Anyways...

My wife and I and another couple went out for our anniversary tonight. I consider a special occasion is a time to drive the GN out to supper. Went and ate, then went to an outdoor concert for about an hour. Left for our way home about 9:00(kids at home) and are on the four lane heading out of town and I spot a newer challenger in front of me. I figured this would be my chance if any. I followed him for a little while then pulled next to him coming up onto a red light. He's in the left lane, and there is one car in front of me in the right lane. As we roll up to the light it turns green and I pull in behind the Challenger and get infront of the other car. I can hear him hammer down and I do the same. I passed him and put about 2 lengths on him before letting off. He came at me with a head of steam and I hit it a little too soon and pulled on him again. I was close to my turn, but I let him get beside my, and gave him a car length, I heard him hammer down, I do the same, and pulled about 4 lengths on him before pulling into his lane and turning at the next left to back track home.

Best Anniversary ever. Wonder what his girl in the passenger seat was thinking!!!

What town in Minnesota? I'm from Maple Grove originally.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I live in Sauk Rapids, but this was just leaving St. Cloud towards Foley.

I think he needed a bigger Hemi!

I live south of St. cloud(luxemburg) area and have drove my 87 GN around in St. cloud for 20 years and have never run across you. Cool to see I am not the only cool guy around. Every time I drive in there is ALWAYS someone giving me the thumbs up. If you see me I have the black GNX style rims.

Excellent, I know of 2 others who have GN around St. Cloud. One guy just bought his this Spring, and the other guy has had his for quite a while, but it sits in his driveway and never moves. He's working on getting it running.

I've only had mine since last August.

Mine is fully stock looking with stock wheels and collector plates. Hope to see you around sometime.

I grew up in Maple Grove, I went to St. Cloud alot as a teenager. Now I live in Arizona (Military) I have talked with the head of MGNTA and it sounds like there is alot of really great guys in Minnesota. Just wish I could get mine up there sometime to hang out.

I too am from MN. Originally from Park Rapids. Lived in St. cloud and Gillman so I know that area. Live in FL since 2004. Don't feel bad for parking your cars in the winter. Cant drive a T top car here with a 26 yr old AC in the summer. Always good to hear a MN story

Gilman...Not many people know that town.