How to prevent rust from the inside or the doors??

what steps are you guys taking to prevent rust from the inside of the doors?
I have a set doors with NO rust at all and i'd like to keep them that way for as long as possible.
BTW Salt air is a problem with my location.
Thanks for your help.
David

I saw a product on a video that they had sprayed insides of the door panels. Sorry cant remember the name. Of course you will have to take entire door apart so you can reach as best you can to spray. Rust proofs the inside also helps with sound.

I've heard of guys spraying WD40 or similar in the doors through the drain holes. Don't know if it actually helps but I don't see how it could hurt..

I put por15 in mine making sure the drain holes did not get clogged.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I put por15 in mine making sure the drain holes did not get clogged.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
this is one of my top choices, but i have had mixed results with POR15. in some cases it just flakes / peels off.

I was thinking about that thick crap -- Undercoat, rubber bedliner type of crap. I know it's not light but to save my doors i'd sacrifice the added wait AND be happy about it.

what steps are you guys taking to prevent rust from the inside of the doors?
I have a set doors with NO rust at all and i'd like to keep them that way for as long as possible.
BTW Salt air is a problem with my location.
Thanks for your help.
David
I used this product on every surface that rusts on my GN way back when. It was a real low mileage car and it went in the doors, in front of the wheel wells , back of the wheel wells in the trunk, the rocker panels etc... It is great as long as no rust is there. They have spray cans and cans that you put a sprayer on to use. You pick.
http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-heavy-duty-anti-rust-in-amber.html

When I did my frame on restoration my friend used this stuff called Rust Reformer i certain areas.

Floors, doors and such.

At least thats the name I remember. It’s been a few years. He swears by the stuff.

D

Just about anything is better than how they came from the factory. If you have a door skin off or a quarter on one of these you will see the factory left them bare metal. They did not dip the cars so inside of panels where left with no product on them. I have a wand that will spray a undercoat like product inside these areas.

I loaded mine up with a product called Amber Seal. It was an aresol spray from 3M I believe. Used it 10 years ago and my doors are still in rust free condition. The car sits inside of course at this point it its life:)

Sorry, don't recall the name, but when my GN was in the paint shop, they used some gray rust proofing product that they swore would prevent rusting inside and at the bottom of the doors. They told me that the inside of the doors WERE NOT treated with ANYTHING from GM to prevent rust! WAY TO GO GM!!! ;)

A "body man" told me many years ago to poor drain oil in through every hole in your doors. Of course you need to find a good place to park for a few weeks while the stuff drains out. He told me about taking doors apart in the middle of summer when there hadn't been rain in weeks. The doors had dust in the lower corners that was turned to mud. Some dirt roads around here get sprayed with chloride to keep dust down. That stuff ends up in every nook and cranny in your car.

Krown Rust Control based in Canada, they sell aerosol cans of it. basically a light clingy oil. My winter car is loaded with it.