how to install zeus fasteners

1000MileStylez

Black Sheep
whats the best way to measure . Im sure i can do the hood fine, but the trunk looks like an obsticle. Anyone know a easy way to install them on the trunk?

Zues fasteners SUCK. There is no easy way to do any of them. I would have someone lay in trunk and mark where to tack the brackets. Then do the same and have them mark where to drill after the brackets are in position.We did it that way on a friends Pro Street car a long time ago. Worked pretty well.

Coach

Ugh! I hate doing them! Its a two man job for sure. I install the "keeper" ends first on the body and then use them for refeacnce to the hood and or trunk. Messure twice, drill once..................

lol i figured i would get that type of responce. too bad i dont have a leprachaun to snake around the fuel cell and the battery. I think i have some sort of a plan, as for the trunk goes im going to lay the spring brackets with the 90 degree on the top of the trunk with it being flush to the car, (the space between the trunk line and the body) and mark my holes to drill on the trunk for the fasteners. My next problem is getting the depth right. I am using trunk weather stripping so the part of the trunk closest to the rear window pops up a little so ill have to weight it down with something then i think ill be able to get a marker and mark the top of the spring bracket. I just hope i drill it right when i measure 4-5 times because the top fastener can only cover up to 1/8 of an inch of a screw up :frown:

I believe racecraft performance makes a strip with the Dzuz brackets attached. It would be very easy to install with this bracket. They are made for mustangs and camaros but i feel they could be easily adapted.

well i got the trunk mounted yesterday i got 4 on the left and 4 on the right, today im going to try and mount 2 or 3 by the rear window side then maybe attempt to put 2 or 3 on on the rear side of the trunk. ill take some pics later on how i measured, maybe it'll help someone in the future.