How much HP did I gain?

billygeg

ok, heres my upgrades and what I replaced so far...old fan to electric fan, 3" aluminum air intake with spectre cone filter, 87 ecm and MAF, Scanmaster 2.1, 87 ign module & coil pack with caspers hotwire kit. I havent driven it yet to tune it but when tuned properly how much more then the stock 200 HP should I have approx? I'm dying to drive it but I have alittle more work to do so I am very curious if I made any signifigant speed difference...Car runs stock what about 15 and change in the 1/4 mile? What do you think its cabale of now with these few upgrades. What would be the next best upgrade for me? Fuel pump? Injectors? It pisses me off because I bought a brand new stock fuel pump just to get it running when I first bought it a few months ago. If I knew then what I know now I would have bought a better pump to begin with...U live and u learn I guess..

Thanks Guys!

You didn't pick up alot of power, maybe 20. 1/4 mile times will be improved assuming traction. Getting rid of the factory air box will aid in spooling. My 85 with just a cone filter, 160 stat and a good 60' ran 13.8's, mid 14's coming out easy.
The 87 ecm and coil pack and module will just replace faulty old components, not add power. Have you replaced the spark plugs? AC CR43TS or R43T gapped at .032".
Get a turbo tweak chip, fuel pump, adjustable fpr, good gas, turn up the boost, and some M/T drag radials. It will feel like a different car.

Actually I left a few things out. I did get the turbo tweak 5.6 chip, the plugs are brand new AC delco gapped at .035 but I cant recall the number, the wires are brand new but no special brands like accel or MSD they are autolite, the thermostat was replaced with a 160 degree. the fuel filter is brand new, and I made the waste gate adjustable..
Thanks! Bill

I don't want to put my finger on a hp gain. I'll let someone else do that. BUT, I guarantee you'll feel a difference.

Looks like you jumped ahead of me. I just got the 87 MAF and ECM for x-mas, scanmaster on the way, new chip on the wish list. Car is hibernating out in the barn til spring so I cannot do much with it right now anyway.
I'd look at injectors (if yours are stock), DP/exhaust, and trans. shift kit. I'd save the alkey for the icing on the cake, but thats me. Your making great progress, keep us posted on the results!

Actually I left a few things out. . . . . and I made the waste gate adjustable... . .
Bill,
I would guess that "at stock boost level", you picked up about 20 crank HP from the fan.
The rest of the upgrades will not give more HP, UNLESS the part was defective and preventing you from reaching stock HP level.

Now, the WG is a different story. :biggrin:
At a higher than stock boost level WITHOUT KR, you picked up about 5 HP/ 1 lb boost. (Give or take)
With alky, it would be higher, if the tune is right.
That will more than likely require a scantool.

next mod, ALKY ;)
X2 :cool: