how much air to use at the track?

no-nos

hay guys just wondeing how much air to run at the track with i have M/T drag radials but was not able to hold 4lbs of boost :mad: , when i left the light the car almost went completely sideways on me. any ideas?

the mt et streets? et street radials? or ET drags? on the et street about 13psi on the et street radials about 17-20 and on the et drags not sure

Light em up for about 3-4 feet. Then look at the marks real good. You want a good even patch of rubber all the way across the mark. Is there more rubber on the edges of the mark than the middle? Too little air. More rubber in the middle? too much air. My MT streets liked 20-21 lbs most of the time. The drags usually 15. Can vary a bit due to track temps, car weight, etc. :)

thanks guys, sorry they are M/T drag radials , great info guys , wheezer that is an awesome and smart way to figure out if i need more or less, :cool:
i just check the tire pressure and it was at 26lbs:eek: now i see why i went sideways :rolleyes:

When i use my MT Drag radials i have found that 22-20 psi is the best area.

IMO i think it's best to keep as much air in the tires as you can and still keep it hooking up.

On the street I run 22-24 lbs. At the track, usually 16-18 lbs for me. I have the MT DR's in 275/50/15's

wow....I'm running 30psi in my 255/60 MT DR's.........I thought they where hooking pretty good .........I need to lower my psi

I get 1.50 sixty ft times on my 275-60-15 MT DRs at 19 psi.

275/50/15's MT Drag radials 15 lb of air on an 8 inch wheel they will wrinkle and the car will pull the drivers tire up :D