How many PSI in a MT Street ET's

JUSTAV6

Getting High On PSI
I went out friday and ran my car the rear is stock for now,, I will be adding the SSM lift bars soon, But anyways I started out with 20 psi and it seemed to hook up but my buddys said that it was spining, So I got them to 15 and they said still spining so 10 psi and what a wild ride, They said still spinging, My best 60ft was a 1.68 and the rest were 1.75s so what tire pressure do you guys run,, Tires are 26x11.50-15 on a 15x8 wheel???
Thanks For any Help,,
Seneca Lafler,

PSI ?

Recommending air pressure is not easy, since there are so many variables that affect it: i.e. weight distribution, transmission, chassis set-up, wheel size, etc.

To help you, I have given you a recommended starting point for the correct air pressure. Keep in mind that these are only starting points.

Note: Many racers feel that "Less is Better" with regard to air pressure. This is not always the case. While there are exceptions to every rule, we have found higher pressure generally works best with Mickey Thompson Tires. Not only do the higher pressures lead to quicker times, but they also contribute to a safer, more stable ride at the finish line (read: MUCH SAFER).

OVER 3,000 POUNDS ... UNDER 30" DIAMETER ... 16 P.S.I. AND UP

*some info. taken from M/T web site. ESPECIALLY THE "note" section.

->there are also many reason why your car may spin.
1) it could be the tires - ET streets are NOT as sticky as slicks
2) the track could not be PREPPED correctly, if at all
3) no VHT on the track
4) car is not "loading" properly or "squatting" enough
5) front shocks are worn or too stiff
6) rear springs are worn or too stiff

I wouldn't be too SAD with the 60 foot times you are getting. Those are REALLY respectable ...especially for using a ET STREET!! HTH & take care...

John C.
LedSLED Motorsports (LSM)
(315)298-1000
jcofolla@twcny.rr.com
We MEET or BEAT any tire/wheel price!
**for Turbobuick members only**
->Nitto & BF Goodrich drag radial authorized dealer.
->M/T, Hoosier & Phoenix slick dealer.
->Weld wheel authorized dealer!
->American Racing authorized wheel dealer!
->Demon Carb authorized dealer.
->NOS/NX nitrous systems authorized dealer.
->ATI Procharger authorized dealer.

I run 15psi in my 27x10.5x15's, they don't seem to dance at the big end. I don't think they are spinning but I've only made a couple of passes in this car.

your 1.68 was at what pressure? That is where I would start...what kind of burn out are you doing? MT tires don't need much, just clean 'em off and get a little smoke to heat them some...Street ET's seem to work well from 12-20 psi....you just gotta figure out what works best

if you are spinning ET Streets at the 12 sec level, something is wrong (or the track is crap)

most GN's with basic suspension mods (boxed lowers, good springs & shocks) will launch very hard and not spin the tires

15 year old springs will contribute to this situation

Originally posted by azgn
your 1.68 was at what pressure? That is where I would start...what kind of burn out are you doing? MT tires don't need much, just clean 'em off and get a little smoke to heat them some...Street ET's seem to work well from 12-20 psi....you just gotta figure out what works best

if you are spinning ET Streets at the 12 sec level, something is wrong (or the track is crap)

most GN's with basic suspension mods (boxed lowers, good springs & shocks) will launch very hard and not spin the tires

15 year old springs will contribute to this situation

Well I started at 20 psi and worked my way for ther, And as for heating them up I tryed a little burn out and just sat ther smokeing the Hell out of them so I try a little of both A lot of heat seem good,,
I got a set of 28x9-15 slicks that I will be useing next time out,
Thanks For all the info,
Seneca Lafler,