How many oz.

Lee Thompson

At Bristol, I refilled my alky right after each run. I/m using 6 oz. per run. Just wondering how this compares with others. BTW that is from launch to the traps only.

The very first w-a system I built finalized at about .42 gal/min. Over the years and various combinations since has proved this flow rate for w-a is about right for us guys running high boost.

Oz.

Steve, If I calculate correct that is 9.85 oz. for 11 sec.
I assume w/a stands for water/alky. What do you call high boost?

Lee, your calcs are accurate. Roughly speaking it's .9 oz/sec, or, put it another way, 9 ozs in 10 seconds. You can tolerate this amount if proper atomization and after tuning for the effects of w-a. I'm not saying everyone can use this much, just that's what works for me and a couple others.

w-a = water/alcohol. I write "w-a" to discriminate from many on this board who refer to "alky" injection. Unless they're using pure alcohol this is something a misnomer. Am I being anal? :)

I consider high boost to be above like 25 lbs. Say, 25 and above I guess. It's all relative, tho. For instance I spend most of my 'boost time' around 25-26lbs because this is what I tune for. Today I had an opportunity to do a long 2, 3, 4th gear blast up to 129. In 4th I notice the boost settling in at 27.5. I thought to myslef, "boy, that's kinda high". So I suppose it just depends on what your used to really, but I've always used 25lbs as my personal 'high' mark. The highest I've sustained boost is 28.5, though I've seen 31 for about 2 seconds when being careless.