How Fast ?

enruco

I am hoping to race my 86 wh1 in may at a track rental. Any hope of getting in the 10s with this combo?
te52, LT1 maf with fast update, 15 row stock location IC, ported heads and intake with hemco upper, 009 injecters, walbro 340, volt booster and hot wire kit, 3 in downpipe and dump, trans by Janis with 3000 stall converter,208 cam, 275-50 M/T DR, race gas, and slicks if I have to. Cars hooks ok and has done a 1.5960 60 ft on smaller drag radials and before some of the bigger mods.

X2 on 009's going tens on injectors only.. Don't think I would try that....Won't be easy, but with bigger injectors and and a good amount of boost I would say it is possible!! Do you have much experience tuning or any seat time??? If not then I would expect low 12's maybe a high 11....

Thanks everybody for your input. I have some seat time but not alot with this car. This is my 3rd turbo buick and I raced them all some. Alot of street time with this car.;) My tuner told me fuel would be the issue but I wanted some input from the club. The car went 11.80s before with the tranny sliping some. I just added the ported heads and port matched intake and upper, and the cam.And had Janis do the tranny. Man did that help. I was hoping with those additions and slicks instead of DRs it might make it. I use 100 octane Sunoco 260 GT on the street and it supports 21-22 lbs of boost. I thought with some 116 maybe that would cure the fuel issue.

Change the injectors/chip run 110+ octane with 26+ deg of timing and 28+ lbs of boost and you might get a 10.9x. Slicks would probably be easier if the track isn't that great. Other than that everything else need to be in perfect condition.

It is not only an octane issue..... it is the amount of fuel you can push through 42# injectors during the run is an issue. They are too light. If you had an aly kit.... then maybe there is enough fuel.

With your combo.... I think you are (as others have said) looking at mid to high 20's on the boost and some decent timing. I would not push those 42's quicker than 11.50 with no akly.... but that is just me.....

Drop some 60's in and you are good to go for awhile.