How do I retrive codes with ext. chip and trans +?

turbosam6

My cars suck
I have an ext. chip and trans +, and my check engine light came on today after driving a couple minutes, then went off, seemed to stay off. I scrolled through my scanmaster, and all looked well, except my blm's were 151, normally around 140 at the most. Anyway, my chip doesn't have the code function, and I need the code. On my aldl connector I have the orange wire cut to go to the scanmaster, so it no longer goes to the aldl. Can I still jump out the aldl, or does it need that wire to get the codes? I have a JL chip that will read codes, but if I unplug my ecm to put it in, I'll lose the code. I suspect bad o2 sensor. After the check engine light went out, the blms were back down to 135-140. Thanks for any help, sorry for the long post.

Originally posted by turbosam6
I have an ext. chip and trans +, and my check engine light came on today after driving a couple minutes, then went off, seemed to stay off. I scrolled through my scanmaster, and all looked well, except my blm's were 151, normally around 140 at the most. Anyway, my chip doesn't have the code function, and I need the code. On my aldl connector I have the orange wire cut to go to the scanmaster, so it no longer goes to the aldl. Can I still jump out the aldl, or does it need that wire to get the codes? I have a JL chip that will read codes, but if I unplug my ecm to put it in, I'll lose the code. I suspect bad o2 sensor. After the check engine light went out, the blms were back down to 135-140. Thanks for any help, sorry for the long post.

You don't need to unplug the ECM to change chips. I haven't in years. With all the chip testing I do, I probably make a hundred chip swaps a year. YOU JUST NEED TO MAKE SURE THE IGNITION KEY IS OFF!!!

Thanks Dave. Actually I realized 2 minutes after I posted that I can still jump out the aldl, and I had a code 13, bad 02 sensor. Easy enough. Thanks again.