Hood safety latch question

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Does your front mount intercooler get in the way of the safety latch when it closes. Besides the mechanism, what do you use to secure your hood

Have a Cotton's front mount and no latch issues. The real issue is that if the hood release cable lets go there is no way to reach up from below to pop the latch. Note that an opening can be cut out to provide a way to get to the latch from below.

RemoveBeforeFlight

This is where my latch should go. My intercooler is there. I have an old style Eastern performance intercooler. I am wondering if I can modify the latch?

Attachments

• 14982576775401759556000.jpg
    14982576775401759556000.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 67
It looks like someone started to modify the intercooler. There is an area that looks like it has been partially cut out.

Is it possible that the intercooler is mounted up too high?

RemoveBeforeFlight

It looks like someone started to modify the intercooler. There is an area that looks like it has been partially cut out.

Is it possible that the intercooler is mounted up too high?

RemoveBeforeFlight
I mounted it myself. It would only mount one way there were two bolt holes that mount up to the radiator cover. Maybe I should try to lower it somehow. I really do not want to go an excessive speed and blow the damn hood off. I thought the intercooler was supposed to mount that high up.

You use all thread with nuts, lock washers and a little locate. Get it where you want it with the excess thread up top on the radiator plate then cut the top of the threaded rod off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing your other thread I had to look (see general tech). The Cotton's FM is mounted much further forward. It is nowhere near the hood safety latch.

RemoveBeforeFlight