Holley users..

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
NE1 using the Holley Dominator, or the HP, on their LS swap?
Just made the first upload on the Dominator. Lots of "stuff" to check.
Am having issues w/ the TPS reset. No go.
LOTS of hours into this install. Hope it makes the steam we think it will.:smug:

UPDATES:
Watch the connector wiring positions on the drawings. Some are for old, Weatherpack plugs, etc, and may be wired wrong for the new, late model sensors, such as MAP, TPS.
If you see "A,B,C" on the wire drawings..That's likely for the older stuff. The newer plugs are numbered, and not the same shape/size.:mad:

Did you get it figured out, Chuck? I can fire mine up. Runs like crap and burns your eyes with E85. lol I just got my turbo put back on hopefully for the last time. I need to get the exhaust side done so I can get the wideband back in there. Which is cutting a hole in the fender and about 14 inches of pipe. I found out the same A,B,C deal when having to wire the holley map sensor, for the holley dominator. That doesnt plug in and the adapter is not for their map sensor. lol Also same for the e85 sensor. I had to buy another plug for the dominator just to run the e85 sensor. Only the p3 (if I remember right) had the ability to do the correct input value, available. Luckily they posted the part numbers for them. Got it online for 8.00.

Did you get it figured out, Chuck? I can fire mine up. Runs like crap and burns your eyes with E85. lol I just got my turbo put back on hopefully for the last time. I need to get the exhaust side done so I can get the wideband back in there. Which is cutting a hole in the fender and about 14 inches of pipe. I found out the same A,B,C deal when having to wire the holley map sensor, for the holley dominator. That doesnt plug in and the adapter is not for their map sensor. lol Also same for the e85 sensor. I had to buy another plug for the dominator just to run the e85 sensor. Only the p3 (if I remember right) had the ability to do the correct input value, available. Luckily they posted the part numbers for them. Got it online for 8.00.

Just got it figured out...
The TPS autoreset: 2 things, we found... A. DO NOT use a digital Fluke meter to check the sensor.
We used 2 meters, and they both did the same thing, on multiple sensors. When doing a sweep, the meters will go part way, then show an open, then pick up and continue reading. The meters were resetting to a 2 digit value from a 3, after the decimal point. Conclusion: Bad sensor. NOT!
An Analog meter works just fine. Been doing this for many yrs... First time we've seen this.
B. Be careful when choosing a program to modify for your application. Holley has 2 choices. Whatever you choose, you should look to see that the throttle control matches yours. IE: Cable, or DBW.
Should you get a repeated TPS autoreset failure, look to see if it shows 1 error, or 2.
1 means the system has only 1 TPS, as in cable drive. 2 means the system is looking for input from 2 sensors, as in DBW.
Mine is cable, and the base cal I started w/ had DBW.
It's an easy fix to change: go to toolbox, remove preferences, clik on the parts you don't want to use, such as DBW alky control, etc. Save the changes, go online send new global to the ecm, redo the autoset.
Worked like a charm!

The MAP sensor: I am using the late model, 3 bar, Delco sensor. I ended up using the 2010 Camaro blower car, wiring sequence. Also, be sure to choose the correct sensor, from the drop down list.

I've got all the sensors reading correctly. I use a test manifold, w/ the sensors screwed in, and an air source w/ regulator, to make sure they work, and the wiring is correct, B4 I put the harness into the car.
Kinda lucky, on my part. I do fab work at a small shop, that specializes in EFI harnesses, dashboards, etc.
So, I have access to 200 rolls of GM wire, all imaginable pins, connectors, etc. I do the fab work, the owner does the electronic stuff. :rolleyes:

I have the fixed sensors, such as oil,fuel psi, water temp, AIT, all working. So I don't expect that I'll find any more Holley harness issues. We built the dash w/ Autometer gauges, our custom harness. All work fine.:smug:

Your issues w/ the exh fumes, should be cured w/ the wb control being installed. Once that's done, the autolearn should clean it up, if the file isn't too far out of whack.
I'd keep an eye on the plugs, oil, so you don't create issues w/ misfires, washed cyl walls, etc.:eek:

P3?? Are you referring to the ecm plug? P3 is for the DBW control, What pin did you use out of there?

I'm getting closer to a start up. It should be a "bad boy" for a street machine.
347" iron block, CNC ported heads, pump93, and LOTS of methanol!! The 275/60's won't last long.:D