High Compression VS Low Compression Opinions

my most recent motor...i had these on a shelf for at least 15 years....TRW +30 ...we had no stockers on hand to compare but the dish looks shallow to me? only pic i have...motor buttoned up .Head was milled for a second time as well.
20130713_132436.jpg

Just found measurements from the first build 8 years ago and discovered with 9441's it was @7.5:1:eek:

Knowing what the cc of the dish is without the compression height information is worthless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said any CH you ask for is available
Post #62 mentioned the dish looks smaller. He already has the pistons. I'm aware pistons are available with just about any detail that can be thought of.

Was playing around on one last night. Not as elaborate...Didn't account for top ring location.

my most recent motor...i had these on a shelf for at least 15 years....TRW +30 ...we had no stockers on hand to compare but the dish looks shallow to me? only pic i have...motor buttoned up .Head was milled for a second time as well.View attachment 291864

I believe that the old TRWs were superseded by the Speed Pros? The Speed Pro has a 25cc dish with a 1.825 compression height. Hopefully someone could confirm this.

Subscribed:
For what it's worth, the compression on the previous build was ~ 7.68:1. w/Cal tuning to 610 whp. w/a 71GTQ. The new build is w/9.5:1,that will need to be tested. The old combo was mild mannered until you engaged the turbo. Looking for better response on the low end w/the higher cr. I will adjust my sig to better reflect the builds.

Subscribed:
For what it's worth, the compression on the previous build was ~ 7.68:1. w/Cal tuning to 610 whp. w/a 71GTQ. The new build is w/9.5:1,that will need to be tested. The old combo was mild mannered until you engaged the turbo. Looking for better response on the low end w/the higher cr. I will adjust my sig to better reflect the builds.

Sound close to mine. It's definitely not pig you would think it would be.

At that level of squeeze everything gets very critical......wouldn't reducing the dish another 5cc take it over 11.5:1?
I didn't calculate that out. Going on stock block and won't be able to pull enough timing without hurting power and throwing a lot of heat in the ex valve with 11.5. I think it's 10.38:1 with a .027" gasket if I feel the need

Last edited:
Did the math on the .027s too . Looks like your block has been decked and for the pistons to still be .010 in the hole you must have change the CH as well?