Hi-po mechanics/mach. shops

Dave Simpkins

Another northern lite here .... enquiring about other northern (Ontario - Toronto-Guelph-Cambridge-Kitchener area) V6 fans that may have had good or bad experiences with area performance shops and/or auto machine shops .... as it would apply to GN's and hi perf. V 6's. I'm working towards a forged crank, billet caps (4 bolts) and a roller cam. Therefore line boring and machine shop work needs to be ###1.

All information and opinions will be received " without prejudice"
I just want to go the right direction the first time, ... not the second or third ....4th time ...

Dave,

Two friends of mine down by Leamington both had motors built out that way and both ran well. They both post occasionally on this board. I am at work so I don't have their emails handy but maybe they will see this and respond.

Good luck,

Paul Beal
pbeal@sympatico.ca

Hey guys. High-tech racing in Woodbridge has terrible service. I ordered a fuel pump twice from them and have yet to hear back; now over a month ago. A guy up there gave me advice that I posted, the responses totally disagreed with him. Ken Seggie in Thornhill is a nice guy and gave me some of his time. A little pricey but hey, everyone needs to make a buck.
My .02.

Pick your builders wisely guys . I am in the middle of a "Rebuild from Hell" . #3 in less then 800 km's . It's no fun having to hump a engine in and out that many times in such a short span of time .Never mine the extra expenses . And thinking each time it goes in it will be OK . He was supplied with the best of parts and info on clearences and proper building . This guy came across as knowing his stuff and had a decent rep with the Chevy crowd and has even build 1 or 2 stock GN engines . He talks the talk but does not walk the walk . now I'm paying the price . BE VERY CAREFULL !!!!!!

Originally posted by KWIKR 1
Pick your builders wisely guys . I am in the middle of a "Rebuild from Hell" . #3 in less then 800 km's . It's no fun having to hump a engine in and out that many times in such a short span of time .Never mine the extra expenses . And thinking each time it goes in it will be OK . He was supplied with the best of parts and info on clearences and proper building . This guy came across as knowing his stuff and had a decent rep with the Chevy crowd and has even build 1 or 2 stock GN engines . He talks the talk but does not walk the walk . now I'm paying the price . BE VERY CAREFULL !!!!!!

Yeah, if I have an engine that needs some lovin' I think that I'll ship it to a shop with a good rep in the States.

Tim, I didn't realize that you had a JC VT Chip... I am going the route maybe next year... it is quite the unit.

Hey guys, any suggestions for a machine shop out here on the west coast? I'm actually on Vancouver Island, so a shop on the island would be great. I'm doing all the grunt work carefully by myself (cross your fingers) and only need a shop to bore the engine and the like, but I can't even find a guy out here with a torque plate. Heck, I'm even going to balance everything myself.

Any suggestions? What about over in the Vancouver area?

Shops

You are only a short (1 long day) drive away from Ken Duttweilers shop in Saticoy Cal. I was there in '92 for my transplant (3.8 stocker out -- 4.1 Stg1 in)

Ken should have everything TURBO-BUICK you can ever dream of.
ou can get his phone and Fax number from the vendors list on the "turbo regal" website.

ds