hey freddie's buick

RCI2990

buick fanatic
i was wondering if you put in the msd ignition system,and how much of a difference it made.thanks.

Nope,

Have'nt installed the MSD unit yet, (and I won't do any more upgades until Jan. 2002). But I did install Accels 7-pin ignition module and D.U.I's 50,000 volt coil and distributor cap. I also installed the new intake gasket. All of this and all I got was a moderate gain in power. But the car still runs great. Now I just want to take a long break........ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

:rolleyes:

I'm tired.....

Mark,

The bigger increases in performance for me were when I installed the Kenne Bell Mark 1L cam and KB's 104 PSI springs. Next was the modified carburetor I built up from an '83 Turbo T-type. Next was the Summit 48,000 volt coil. These upgrades yielded noticible performance gains. Eventually I am hoping to get a home based PC dyno program. This helps in charting actual improvements on one's computer rather then going into installing parts blindly like I have been.

My experiances have shown that everything else one does to these V-6's comes in moderation. If you can wait till well after the holidays I will surely let you know how well MSD turned out for me. After all, it is fairly expensive so let me take the hit if it's just a crap-shoot.

The Summit catalog is great and their shipping and service is outstanding. Although they mostly cater to Chevy and Fords, some products are available for our little V-6's that are in general.
I recommend them for getting after-market parts because so far, they've been the CHEAPEST! ( Frugal Fred is another nick name I have). Hang in there.

If you really like that car which is relatively simple to repair or upgrade, I'll let you know what works for me. We've got to work a little harder on our cars to get what the turbo cars already came with......power... ;)

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.......:rolleyes:

Naw.... Man,

What I meant was that we N/A car dudes really got to work a little harder to get what the turbo dudes already came with OEM....:D