Help with no start - factory lockout?

BFlat

87 Turbo Buick Limited. Did a bunch of work & now it won't even crank.
Battery good. Computer hooked up.
Red light beneath steering column used to flash. Now it's constant red.
No horn alert or flashing lights. Contact me directly if you don't want to share any secrets publicly.
Help please.

Like Chuck said: what work was performed? did the car start before work? Always a useful read, here is the no start tree. Give us some details, lot of helpful people on board.

"Bunch of work" was stuff that didn't involve anything electrical. I disconnected the battery cables because I was moving the metal ac & tranny cooler lines around & needed to get the them out of the way. When I hooked the cables back up, the red light under the steering column that use to be flashing is now constant on and when I turn the key to start there is nothing. No cranking or clicking from the starter. Other powered stuff works - just not the ignition.
Don't know if it's a factory alarm system. No alarm horn honking or lights flashing.
Any chance that whatever system it is gets armed anytime it loses power and then has to be re-set?
Regardless, any ideas on what to do & where to look? Frustration meter is getting pegged.

just did a quick search, this thread might be of use to you,

I remeber it being a bit tricky to dis-engage if light was solid and alarm was going off, someone else might be able to give the correct sequence, but i think you have to lock and unlock using key in door to reset the alarm, not use using the power lock or pulling up on the door lock stem. basic, but worth a try, also, is your horn working?

Thanks. Battery was low. Have it on a charger now & will check horn when it's fully charged. The factory alarm would involve the lights flashing & horn honking, correct? That is not happening. Just nothing when I try to start it. Makes me wonder if it really is a factory security system. Additional info: When I tried to start it yesterday the fuel pump did not engage.

Being you had the batt off, check the orange ecm power wire at the inner fender, near the battery.
The connector there, or the wire may have an issue.

Guys this sounds like the Kirban anti theft, red bulb was flashing meaning it was in neutral so to say. I have this still today.

I'll PM you now OP

Red light beneath steering column used to flash. Now it's constant red.
totally glazed over the comment about light being under the steering column, the factory light is top on right row idiot light that flashes "SECURITY", looks like you have aftermarket and GNVUS1 might have some help for you, good luck

Is the RPO code for a factory alarm system UA6? If so, my car doesn't have that code listed. GNVYUS 1 (Mike) has indeed helped me. I will try his suggestion tomorrow and report back. Thanks for all the help.

Many thanks for all the replies, especially those that suggested it might be an old Kirban's anti-theft unit. I contacted Kirban's and they sent me the install/operate instructions. That was very nice of them, and I appreciated it a lot.

Since that's a very specific thing for us we keep that in house, good to hear that was it.