Help! Looking to upgrade turbo

mike231

I am installing new motor. Have new stock (rebuilt less than 200 miles) turbo, bought the $200 ebay SS header set with 3 bolt flange on up pipe. What are my choices staying with the 3 bolt? I have been out of the Buick loop for a couple of years, so not current on turbos. Trying not to cause more work by going with 4 bolt set up.
THANKS
Mike

We need more info, what's done to the motor and the rest of the car like fuel system, trans, converter, rearend,drive shaft, etc.. ET or power goals, what fuel...

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Boost231, this is what i have so far -
84 T - under construction - Motor rebuilt by Precision Engine Machine, TA forged pistons w/ ceramic coating, rebuilt stock heads with ceramic coated combustion chamber and exhaust port, TA V264 Cam 231H.464"-208'/.464"-208',112', TA 4340 Forged Steel Rods, Total Seal Rings, new HD rocker arms and springs, Hot Wired Aeromotive fuel pump, Bosch adj regulator, rebuilt stock turbo with upgraded inlet bell, SS upgraded headers, 48# Accel injectors, 87 ECU and ignition w/TurboTweak chip, EGR block off, electric fan, Big Mouth cold air intake w/ K&N, 160 thermostat, adj bleed valve/boost controller, 2 1/2" dual exhaust w/o CAT.

Everything else, trans, converter, rear, are still factory. In addition to the engine I did box my rear arms, and replaced bushings with urethane, added a Kirban's snubber, and put in rear seat brace (homemade).
I am replacing my down pipe too, with something similar to stock, just bigger. I am having it built to bolt up to the stock housing.
thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Jerryl, thanks. I'll contact him about my upgrade. Got to finish up and get it running and then work on the turbo upgrade.
Mike

Bison is great, don't forget about reed at work turbos

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I would suggest you rethink your purchase of the Ebay Chinese SS headers. Plenty of treads started around here about them. I agree with Wahoo 100% on converting to E-85.

I am installing new motor. Have new stock (rebuilt less than 200 miles) turbo, bought the $200 ebay SS header set with 3 bolt flange on up pipe. What are my choices staying with the 3 bolt? I have been out of the Buick loop for a couple of years, so not current on turbos. Trying not to cause more work by going with 4 bolt set up.
THANKS
Mike
You could always have someone take that stock turbo and upgrade it to a TA33C, about 900 bucks but flows a lot more. recommend you use razors alky kit with it.

Thanks for the info. I am still on the install, but will get to the upgrade soon........, I hope.