Hello

bluegate

Not yet an owner, should be soon. I have some reservations on the 87 I'm looking at. Older restoration, engine built by Jim Lyons? 3200 stall, precision te61, #60 injectors, adj fuel and 2 different chips to go with.

I'm not afraid of the power, but are we past the semi daily driver mods here? Then, how do I know all the parts match the chips? Scanmaster I see is a must, start there I assume? Thanks guys.

The owner may have the paperwork that came with the chip that says what it as burned for, if you are lucky. The mods you listed do not take it out if semi dd territory at all. Good luck !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relieved to hear that. hopefully he does, I'm pretty excited about this car. I remember these things running the streets when I was 16. thanks Charles

Not yet an owner, should be soon. I have some reservations on the 87 I'm looking at. Older restoration, engine built by Jim Lyons? 3200 stall, precision te61, #60 injectors, adj fuel and 2 different chips to go with.

I'm not afraid of the power, but are we past the semi daily driver mods here? Then, how do I know all the parts match the chips? Scanmaster I see is a must, start there I assume? Thanks guys.
Those mods are no way extreme, my DD had a higher stall and bigger turbo. I would find out which chip it has, eric marshalls turbo tweak chip does make the car drive well.
If it has a 6152 that turbo rocks with stock heads, you just need to get the boost up around 25 psi on methanol

What other mods does it have?

Done deal, love the car. And thanks to quick6 for taking the last second call before buying the car.

The noise i was talking about seems to be coming from the flap in the cutout.
IMG_32011.jpg

Attachments

• 20161011_154144.jpg
    20161011_154144.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 93
Nice car man!
Text me and I'll give you a short list of things to buy

Fuel pump in the future

Now plugs and maybe wires
Change ALL the fluids including the most over looked fluid.... brake fluid!!!!

Will do, thanks. I think im going to replace the front springs and shocks. It seems to have a lot of rake, more than i care for anyway. And it has a good amount of bounce up front.

Will do, thanks. I think im going to replace the front springs and shocks. It seems to have a lot of rake, more than i care for anyway. And it has a good amount of bounce up front.
Text me pics. I bet it has wrong shocks for DD Don't buy springs yet. Just ask away. Text me bud

Yup!
Most likely, a new set of Bilstein shocks and it will handle like a Porsche. Well... Maybe like a porch. but it'll feel ten times better than it does now. Congrats on a very clean looking hot rod. Lots of good info and great people here. Let us know if you have any questions.
Knowledge is the key to the monster that lives under that hood. We give that away for free here. :)

Here's some of that knowledge to get you started.
http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/

Welcome to the site and happy spooling.:)
Mike Barnard

Yup!
Most likely, a new set of Bilstein shocks and it will handle like a Porsche. Well... Maybe like a porch. but it'll feel ten times better than it does now. Congrats on a very clean looking hot rod. Lots of good info and great people here. Let us know if you have any questions.
Knowledge is the key to the monster that lives under that hood. We give that away for free here. :)

Here's some of that knowledge to get you started.
http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/

Welcome to the site and happy spooling.:)
Mike Barnard
Thanks mike!

Was cleaning out my subscriptions just now. Fast forward 9 months, after a really ugly spun main bearing, busted turbo, worn suspension, craptastic powermaster..... I could go on.... Car is back on the road after getting a built shortblock, ported heads, rebuilt turbo, roller drivetrain and lots of guidence along the way. All of which came from people here. Thank you.
c5c90a05bb723e02b19d9ce17912a13a.jpg