Hello All

87TurboRiviera

Im Thomas From Indiana a Former Army MP owner of an 87 Riviera Turbo GNX Clone. Im by nature a FOrd man.. Bu I have always loved Rivieras and Reattas and there is Nothing an I mean nothing more satisfying in this world than watching some daddy's money wanna be racer crying while his girl is laughing after I have smoked his 5.0 mustang. God I hate mustangs.... Messed Up **** That Aint No Good

It has a garrett T5 Turbo with a ported housing. Turbo Was rebuilt by TDI

- Flow Matched 42lb injectors.

- A rebuilt HM440-T4 Automatic Transmission with a shift kit and a transmission cooler and temperature gauge

-Accufab Fuel Pressure regulator

- Walbro 255 Racing Fuel Pump

- 3in Mass Airflow and adapter mod just like the big Grand Nationals

- All custom Turbo and intercooler piping with a Large K&N filter

- Custom Chip Made by Caspers Electronics (R.I.P)

- All Digital Guages and Pillar Pod (Boost/ Fuel Pressure)

- CoolingMist Methanol injection from Snow Performance

- Engine rebuild less than 5k miles ago and I replaced the internals with Grand National 7:9.1 pistons and rings. Also had the head ported

- It has no back seat in it, this is where the water injection tank and pump is. I can run 17-19lbs of boost on Good Gas.

Inside I have a fully operational CRT Diagnostic center, Pillar mounted Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge, Boost gauge, And Below the CRT My Nice non OEM Buick Radio, Trans Temp Guage, Rocker Switch's for the Antennae, Methanol injection, Guage lights, and a 4th switch for looks at the moment.

Hey Welcome, I'm also prior Military Police (way-way back in the day) 212th MP Co. in Germany. (currently Calif. L/E) Any photos of the car?

Pics of the Riv

motor2.jpg

outside.jpg

methanolinjection.jpg

turbosetup.jpg

RivMotor.jpg

interior.jpg

Hit a nag today.. I lost all interior electronics... Just poof and they were gone. No GCC Touchscreen no Radio no dash cluster and all fuses seem intact

There's a thread in the hybred section you need to look at. He built a century turbo FWD and it's insane. He even outlines how he did the tranny and it's a suprise. His is a little more complicated but it will really move. Welcome aboard and I was an MP in the USAR myself.

There's a thread in the hybred section you need to look at. He built a century turbo FWD and it's insane. He even outlines how he did the tranny and it's a suprise. His is a little more complicated but it will really move. Welcome aboard and I was an MP in the USAR myself.

Hooah... The Army Colors are Green and Gold

Welcome to the board and neat project car BTW!

I found an old car magazine article that may be of interest to you. It features a factory-built experimental version of your same car.

The magazine is from Cars Illustrated May/June 1987. Enjoy!

Attachments

• riv1.jpg
    riv1.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 103
  • riv2a.jpg
    riv2a.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 99
  • riv3a.jpg
    riv3a.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 96
hmm i wonder if my THM440 is the crappy tranny they are talking about? I got a shift kit and a trans cooler and it is 1 hell bent front wheel tranny. Im still working on a way to dump my Blow off valve back into my intake and mount an intercooler. I just dont have room in the little riviera.... hmm....

im starting to have some issues witrh it that suck... right now my fuel presure is way of the limit, i keep losing dash, CRT and radio..... and my flexpipe keeps breaking