Headlight Control Module?

91Bird305

My driver side low beam light bulb went out, so I replaced it, still didn't work. Checked the bulb and it was good. Checked the fuses in the box (under the hood) and they were good. So I figure it was a short maybe somewhere? So I take it in to have a diagonostics ran on it and the shop said it was the headlight control module for that driver side headlamp and it would be 400 to replace. I paid them the 50 dollar diagonostic fee and took my car back figuring I could find the part cheaper and just do it myself. But autozone and none of the parts places carry this part. Any idea where I would get one besides a junk yard and do you have a part number for it? Thanks. It's an 2004 Monte Carlo SS (3800 S/C)

91 f-body with a headlight control module? have you try to look up the component on the Gm service manual?

here a wiring for the 91 firebird:

fbhlh.jpg

the problem may most likely be in the ground circuit. the head light motor does have a control module, but not to light the bulbs.

2004 Monte Carlo comes with a adaptive lamp monitor contorl module.this component does control the head light and all exterior lamp, if the car is equipt with Twilight sentinel/daytime running lamps. from the the look at the circuit diagram the Lo-BEAM is control by one wire comming out the lamp monitor contorl module. the one wire will signal both left and right lamp to turn-on, so if one fail. it is not likly to be the control module...please check your ground.