He walked away ...

It's amazing the only part left intact is that one little drivers box.
Another thing that is strange is at least 2 of the tires were completely removed from the wheels.
check out the convertible top on top of the fence.
It also looks like he pulled the emergency brake lever.
How fast do you have to be going to shred a car like that.

Last edited:
I don't believe the car had anything to do with him walking away from that crash.

No ,I would say he is just one EXTREMELY lucky guy.
I was being facetious in post # 1
At the speed he must have been going he could have easily been killed in Any car.
The mustang has a 5 star crash rating, but that doesn't mean a whole lot in a crash like this.
Another article said he walked away with just a small laceration, he was just incredibly lucky.

Last edited:
Just watched it again and towards the end a cop is estimating 150 mph.
Another article estimates 90 in a 30 mph zone.
I wonder if the cars computer will give speed ,rpm, etc. at the time of the crash.(If it wasn't destroyed)

Last edited:
Slightly used Mustang air box, trunk lid and driver front fender. Inquire within...

I watched the video on youtube....wow. He should pray and thank God.

I would like to see and hear from some creditable eye witnesses who saw him in the car when it crashed.

I don't think anyone was in the car.

A car going as fast as that one was. Just the sudden stop from the impact of the crash would have been enough to kill whoever was driving.

I would like to see and hear from some creditable eye witnesses who saw him in the car when it crashed.

I don't think anyone was in the car.

A car going as fast as that one was. Just the sudden stop from the impact of the crash would have been enough to kill whoever was driving.

Not sure what you are saying.
If no one was in the car,what do you think happened ?
Remote control driven ?
Are you thinking he jumped out at 90ish mph ? How and why would he do that and not get messed up, and then why would he try to hide it if he did ?
There were alot of witnesses to the crash,and then cops,paramedics etc. showed up after the fact.
The lady in the video at the bottom of the page was driving behind him when he crashed.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...5-mph-miraculously-walked-away-UNINJURED.html

There really wasn't a sudden stop,the car didn't hit dead center and stop on a dime, it hit the passenger side front and the car must have spun off to the side thats why the car is spread out over such a large area,the drivers compartment ended up about 150- 200 ft down from where the car first hit the pole.
You can see why he survived, by looking at the drivers section,its totally intact, nothing crushed,even the driver side window wasn't broken,Both the regular airbag and the lower knee/leg airbags also helped i'm sure.
Just total luck.

I think that this being a convertible may have helped in this particular situation, because without all the roof structure to help keep the car together,the car just came apart instead of getting crunched up which could have possibly crushed the guy inside.

I would much prefer to have the extra strength of the roof structure in most accidents, but again ,i think the car disintegrated because of so much speed and it being a convertible which may have saved him in this case, just one of those freak accidents.
He's also lucky it didn't flip over,with no roof for protection.
I didn't realize before but the article above says the car also burst into flames.

Last edited: