Harness bars

blackdeathtrap

smoking six barrel
My stock seats are worn and iv comme across a set of nice aftermarket reclining racing seats.
Im looking for idee pictures for a harness bar set up with not roll cage. this car isnt a race car you can roast me if you want for puting racing seats and harness just for the look but its my car and its what i like.
Iv herd that you can use a universal 47 inch harness bar with a little moding will work perfect.

47 is tight, 46 1/2 would be perfect on my car. I had to massage my 47 to "fit." Mine was for a civic, NRG I think sold them out of cali. Was an easy install.

80.JPG

Looking to do the same. Did u cut it to fit or bend. Also mounting location for the support!! Thanks looks great..

Factory top locations for the top. The bottoms I had to drill and threw a giant couple of washers behind the sheetmetal and drilled a hole to locate next to the rear seat. Have to take the seats and the factory seat belt boxes out to reach in to tighten the bolts.

Do you have a picture or were you drilled and wen you say massage you just mean violantly jam it into place right lol

Il just bring em to the machine shop at work and get a 32d pull of the mounting tabs i wish i could afford corbeau seats but im going with no name seats for now

More photos of the bar install would be great. My bar just arrived. Did you use the stock bolts or did you use the bolts supplied? Did you have to drill out holes in bar to use stack bolts? Photos of mounting the rod to floor would be really nice. Help!!!
Conrad

Im very curious on were you drilled and how is sitting in the back seat with the bar installed

The bar negates the back seat sitting. I can fit easily, but if I crash, rear passengers will smash into the bar. So I took all my rear seat belts out to save weight.

The bar is fairly easily removed, unlike a roll bar or roll cage.

I'm probably going to take my bar out and put in new stock seat belts and then put in two 3 point belts in the back seat somehow.

I installed same bar as TurboTNZO6 did and works great! I bead blasted the bar and painted with black wrinkle paint. Sharp!
Conrad