Guys beware of credit card skimmers!

Mike T

Don't think it can't happen to you these guys are slick! The best advice I can give is when entering your pin number ALWAYS cover the keypad as tightly as possible from all angles. I thought covering the keypad was recommended so that the clerk or the guy next to you in line couldn't see the pin number (boy was I wrong) it's more for the hidden cameras that these guys (skimmers) use.

THIS CRAP IS REAL AND IT HAPPENS QUICK !

This is just one link but check it out.
http://www.networkworld.com/article...al-your-card-info-without-you-knowing-it.html

Last edited:
If they get caught and go to prison maybe they could wire up there own asses to see how many times Bubba violates them during the night....and I should also get an email every time this occurs!

Last edited:
Do you know where the skimming device was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect an ATM in our downtown area and I told the fraud department about this as well. I had to return to this machine twice in about a 2 hour span and it seem to act weird both times.

Do you know where the skimming device was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after a week of countless phone calls I can now answer your question for sure. The skimmer was found at the location that I suspected and the devise was an overlay of the card slot with a small camera box mounted adjacent to it.

They say it was wireless and could transmit the data to the "pricks" who were probably close by.

Good luck, but equally important: who is monitoring this ATM location? Seems like someone is negligent? Bet you can stick this back in their face as they are either your trusted source or they are charging a fee for their machine/ location.
There is always a final stop when you follow the money/ service trail.

this is why you use cash for everything..

I don't use credit cards at all and my debit only when necessary but they got me.

who is monitoring this ATM location?

They got very good video of the guy installing the device and it was broadcast on our local news. What I can't believe is that the dumb ass went through the trouble to put on gloves but didn't cover his face in any way and did it during daylight hours.

The detectives have a very clear photo of his face and are posting it on all of their media sources.

Credit cards are the best thing to use. Very little liability if a cc is stolen but you have little recourse if someone gets your debit data. You simply have a good bank if they don't stick you with the bill in a fraud case. Cc companies have to let you off the hook. Cash is ok but if you need convenience and especially if you give your card to anyone who takes it from your sight, use a cc to protect your liability for fraudulent charges. And if you need cash, just go into the bank. Getting a smile while getting cash is an added bonus too.

Credit is your friend, let them keep your books & records and review each month. Enjoy the 30 to 60 day float also!
Debit is a dangerous way of gaining access to your account & more...................