GSCA's Newest Member - and Official

02WS686GN

GM EFI Founder/Editor
So I've been not only made a member of the GSCA, but have been charged with the role of Director of GS Nats Promotion & Media Coordinator by our good friends, Richard Lasseter and Ron Joseph. Below is a copy of my introductory letter that you'll be seeing in an upcoming issue of the GSX-TRA newsletter...

"Having been officially commandeered as not only a member, but as the Director of GS Nats Promotion & Media Coordinator by our good friends, Richard Lasseter and Ron Joseph, I figured I’d better formally introduce myself before I get stoned as being, 'the new guy.'

I should come right out and say that Buicks are in my blood. I grew up with Grand Nationals and always have had a fondness for all Buicks. I’m currently the owner of an ’87 Grand National that is being built as a project car for GM EFI Magazine, a digital publication I’ve started and continue to manage after the demise of the publication, GM High-Tech Performance Magazine of which I was the Editor-in-Chief. With it and its sister publication, Timeless Muscle, we strive to wave the Buick banner evermore, exposing the next generation of enthusiasts and gearheads well beyond the digital age.

I also understand the importance and the history of not only Buick itself, but also the Buick GSCA. The club goes back to the early ‘80s, where the big-bore 455 behemoths of yesteryear reigned supreme and Turbo Regals were little more than a late-model novelty. With the evolution of time, performance and technology, the 3.8L G-bodies certainly have become a large part of not only the club, but the GS Nats as well.

In the meantime, our cars are only getting older, with little to no support from the Buick Division in regards to a new (and relevant) performance machine on the horizon. As such, this should be all the fuel we need to keep our cars on the road, and available to the next generation of Buick aficionados.

In my opinion, now is the time to reach out to our children, our nephews, nieces and grandkids in the hopes they can see our cars the way we do – we don’t want the passion we feel for these pieces of automotive history to die with us.

I look forward to what’s in store for the GSCA in the coming months, as the 2015 GS Nats hosted one of the largest turnouts the event had seen in recent years. I think this is a great time to be a club member, and I’m happy to finally being a part of it!"

-Rick Seitz

Glad to hear this, Rick. I hope you can help put all the rumors to rest about the GSCA and the nats ending in the next couple of years. I've been a member since 95, and I've only missed 1 event since then.

Thanks guys - it's truly an honor to be a part of such an iconic and rather historic organization!

Congratulations! I am Kenny Wells Director of the Indiana chapter. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help.