GS Nats 2009 - Hotels

Mile Hi GN

If you are considering making your 2009 hotel reservations for May 12-16, 2009 let me save you a couple of calls.

1) Despite what the "web page" says - the Best Western Motor Inn is NOT the primary host and does NOT offer a special GS Nationals rate. If you don't believe me, call them at (270) 782-3800 and spend all morning on the phone like I did.

2) Bowling Greens Vistors Bureau telephone number is (270) 782-0800 - they have a list of the 5 GS Nationals "participating" (participating = group rate) hotels, they are very kind and helpful.

3) The Hilton Garden Inn is a brand new hotel, "participating" and NOT listed on the web page - their telephone number is (270) 781-6778. They are also very kind and helpful - and at $125 a night, they should be.

4) My understanding is 2 BG hotels have room service and indoor pool, they are Hilton Garden Inn and Holiday Inn - see for yourself.

5) In addition to the GS Nationals, Western Kentucky University's graduation is Sunday May 17th 2009 - rooms are filling up. May 12-16, 2009 is going to be a rocking week for Bowling Green Kentucky.

See you at Beech Bend :cool:

Hampton Inn

Every year we stay at the Hampton Inn on two springs rd. right next to Santa Fe restraunt!!!

Scot W.

I stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn three weeks ago. Lobby A+, breakfast bar $12.95 :eek: , room was Motel 6 quality.

The manager of the best western motor inn is a JERK! It may be nicer as they were remodeling last may, but I need to find somewhere else to stay. We have stayed there 3 years in a row now & will not stay there again after the manager yelled at my wife in the lobby. All over the hours of the outdoor pool.

last year, i enjoyed the econo lodge. big room, they didn't care that i had a dog, cheap, and they didn't care about me storing enough parts to build a car in the room, and they gave me a ground floor room, free breakfast in the morning, and it was cheap.

i was supposed to stay at motel 6, but they gave me an upstairs room, even after they knew i can't walk real good. complained about my dog, and didn't want him in the room alone while i went to the soda machine, and the manager was just a B***H.

just my experience last year, but i had a great time at the nats, met lots of great people, got tons of parts; hope to come back this year.

Thank You for pointing out problems

Last year there was work being done to the building... for primary hotel...
as for what hotel is best, that is your choice based on people, price and your needs...

I only need parking stall and a clean bed since I rarely get more then 7 hours of sleep each night... also, this is thread is started during holiday weekend, so a lot will change based on who handles the hotels and work load schedule... send an email or call by phone to people, ask around, the word will get around... but the internet gripe vine is the last place real people look for resolution... please call GSCA by phone call! Be Nice... you wll get more help...

NOT everybody lives on the internet or checks their computer, morning, noon and after supper and before bed...

Those you know the most say the most...

The details and information will be tweaked, like show cars and drag racing, it doesn't happen in one night, parts break, life happens, family vacation, children, christmas holiday and end of year... it will all work out, maybe a new primary hotel is being worked on, maybe not. Some times, when you ask for deals or discounts during PEAK period and slow economy, less deals are available, patience will help get better results, the volunteers at GS Nationals work their magic to make it run smoothly, but there may be a few bumps in the road, mostly it is the emotional people (anger, frustration) whom are the bumps... stress related to mean gripes and finger pointing is not needed... after all, we are like family, maybe that is why family are mean to family, it is expected... so we move away... sarcastic remarks are not really intended at my father or a member in the turbo buick community, but emails are vague, general, lack adequate words, you know my father is older and misunderstood, but he is family! NO hard feelings, but -- thank you for pointing out primary hotel issues... I will send a word out asking whats up...

I drove through Bowling Green on my way back from Reynolds, GA in Oct 2008 and stopped at a really great hotel across the street from Best Western Motor Inn, had breakfast hot or cold, and in the room jacuzzi, I forgot the name... more expensive, but NICE... I dont need a really expensive hotel for a week, since I only sleep there if that even, more like pass out from loooong days and exhausted, hopefully in bed by 12 midnight and up by 6 or 7 am...

Brett