got him again

larrym

West Coast Newfy
So our annual race was this past weekend they shut down the Airport and we drag race all weekend.
Last year a buddy of mine with a nice 70 Nova and 355 runs low 12s I ran a high 11 against him he was not pleased...
Well this year he had a 383 stroker and was sure he had me covered typically we try to line up in qualifying who wants to knock a buddy out right. Sure enough first round of eliminations we paired together. light turns green I tree him and just kept creeping away. He ran an 11:60 I ended up with a 11:39 even managed a 1.69 60' with my Nittos I broke out he got the win I should have lifted but I couldn't bring myself to do it.
Now he is talking about a boosted LS I think my days are numbered....

Nice kill. Well if he does put in a turbo LS and beats you I would tell him who cares, it is about time. It took him 3 different motors to beat your original. I would tell him a stage 2 motor would beat him worse than the previous races lol :ROFLMAO:. Way to school him.:cool:

Just ask him why he had to go through three v8's just to beat a mid 80's v6. Wait on that question though. He's not there yet. He has to tune that thing and he is very likely not to get it right. If and when he fails, you can tell him as a friend, you are deeply sorry he didn't learn anything and maybe next time he will just build a Buick.

Just ask him why he had to go through three v8's just to beat a mid 80's v6. Wait on that question though. He's not there yet. He has to tune that thing and he is very likely not to get it right. If and when he fails, you can tell him as a friend, you are deeply sorry he didn't learn anything and maybe next time he will just build a Buick.

Problem is I'm sure I'll get roped into helping him tune it!
We are good friends it's a friendly rivalry

Perfect. Just set him up with a "super safe" tune! You know.......for his own good, of course.

10 degrees of timing, 10.0 AF, and about 6 lbs of boost.

You don't want him to hurt anything........do you?;)