Going V8 in my GN

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
Well, tired of fooling with the Buick stuff, but not wanting to get rid of the car. I bought a 20K mile pullout 6.0L from a friends rolled Suburban. I've had a 4L80E for awhile now already. Talked to Weber Racing and they are gonna take my 6.0L and punch it out to 370 cid. Rework the heads and go Wiseco forged pistons and K1 rods on stock crank and put it in front of the 4L80E. Still trying to decide if Im going to run the stock LS6 intake or go with the Edlebrock carb style with hat and 90mm TB or not. For now its gonna run my T70 but plan on upgrading to at least an 88mm when funds alow. I will post info and pics as I start the project. Hopefully I will get all moved into the new house this weekend and can start the teardown later this week.

Well, tired of fooling with the Buick stuff, but not wanting to get rid of the car. I bought a 20K mile pullout 6.0L from a friends rolled Suburban. I've had a 4L80E for awhile now already. Talked to Weber Racing and they are gonna take my 6.0L and punch it out to 370 cid. Rework the heads and go Wiseco forged pistons and K1 rods on stock crank and put it in front of the 4L80E. Still trying to decide if Im going to run the stock LS6 intake or go with the Edlebrock carb style with hat and 90mm TB or not. For now its gonna run my T70 but plan on upgrading to at least an 88mm when funds alow. I will post info and pics as I start the project. Hopefully I will get all moved into the new house this weekend and can start the teardown later this week.

Wow, sounds like a cool project.
Please consider a T5 Turbo Flange on the headers if you are doing this all from scratch.
There is a lot of good people and information out there, let's get this thing rolling!!!

Wow, sounds like a cool project.
Please consider a T5 Turbo Flange on the headers if you are doing this all from scratch.
There is a lot of good people and information out there, let's get this thing rolling!!!

Im not a good welder, so I had to do some reaserch on headers. I found Ohio Forced Induction has some nice up and forward headers for the f body that are supposed to clear the GN chasis. Then the x-over comes in front of the engine and mounts the turbo there. I was gonna run those and get their d/p and fab what I have to from there. Gotta get ahold of Jack Cotton and see what he can get me to swap exh housings with for a 4 bolt that will fit my P trim. Only reason Im doing that is cause I wont have the funds to do the 88mm right now. Im gonna use a stock LSx PCM to run the engine and tranny with LS1edit or the like software. Im stoked, it should run pretty good.

The LS6 style of intake has it's limits in that the higher HP forced induction engines will tend to lean out #7 (look into the throat of the intake and you'll figure out why). That can be band-aided with an engine management with individual cylinder control, but you're better off with the equal distribution of the carb style intake.

I'd stick with the LS6 for now with the T70, and do the carb style when you switch to the 88.

I'd stick with the LS6 for now with the T70, and do the carb style when you switch to the 88.

Thanks for the info, thats a good idea. :biggrin:
Do you happen to know if my 83# inj's can be tuned in ok on there? I have 8 already cause I bought 2 spares from a board member here awhile back. If I dont have to spend the $ on diff ones, I wont. Also since I will be upgrading turbos later, I should have enough Id think. I seem to recall alot of the FI guys over on tech using 60#'s

It depends on what engine management you want to run. They'll work fine with the LS6 intake if that's what you're asking.

stock injectors are high z's, need a driver box to run the 82's. also i would just go with the carb style right away. and BTW, definately do a T6 flange on that thing, and do yourself a favor and pick up a Borg Warner S475. it will be good until about 900-1000whp, and are only $550 brand new. also, for like $200, you can upgrade it later to a 80mm, which is good to 1000-1200whp. I am just finishing up my setup now, check my build next, will be posting spool up times and stuff.
Gary

Stock ecm?? Go directly to EFILIVE as the tuning system!
Edit is a PITA! BTDT, and have the receipts to prove it.. Hated to buy twice, but??