Gnx X-ray

Thanks...and the wheels look awesome on you car.... :D

I Agree

Beautiful car. I fell in love with this car the first time I saw it. Rick was super nice and told the entire history of the car. I actually took some dents out of it in BG one year for Rick and he gave me the die cast, signed the top of it, and gave me one of the 25 prints and again signed it as well. This is where I got the idea for my car......kind of added some steroids along the way though ! lol..

YOUR CAR LOOKS GREAT,I SHOULD HAVE MOST OF THE GNX INSTALL ON MY CAR IN A FEW WEEKS. THE ONLY DECISION I NEED TO MAKE IS THE DASH.. I NEED TO PICK RICK'S BRANE ON SOME ISSUES.... HOPEFULLY RICHARD WILL HAVE AN EVENT THIS YEAR,WE ALL CAN GET TOGATHER AND SHOOT THE BULL..

Sorry to bring back such an old thread...but I had the pleasure of meeting Rick at this years Buick Race day on Norwalk, OH. His car is amazing and he is a true class act as well. He gave me some pointers at repairing the front fascia of my TBSS that the previous owner had damaged (he designed it after all).

He also gave me a ride in the Xray to Saturday night's dinner after I destroyed the transmission in my '98 Turbo Regal.

Thanks for the nice comments….it was my pleasure to see all the new people and cars….as for an update on my vehicle …. I when to the turbobuick.com nationals I competed in the turbo challenge…I change form a TE44 to a 6265dbb with the new air cooled center section :biggrin:(nice turbo)….with that nice new turbo I added the alki kit from Razor…see attached links.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/al...314018-alkycontrol-install-pixs-3-2010-a.html
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/2010-turbobuick-com-nationals/313719-dyno-challenge-results.html

I am actually getting ready to go to the track today to see what it will do :smile:….Milan Dragway……I will be running on my street tires BFG G-Force.

Sorry to bring back such an old thread...but I had the pleasure of meeting Rick at this years Buick Race day on Norwalk, OH. His car is amazing and he is a true class act as well. He gave me some pointers at repairing the front fascia of my TBSS that the previous owner had damaged (he designed it after all).

He also gave me a ride in the Xray to Saturday night's dinner after I destroyed the transmission in my '98 Turbo Regal.

You road in X-Ray?!?!?!?!?!??:eek::eek::eek: My favorite car on the planet, you are soooooooooooooooooooooo lucky. Maybe someday I can.

Coach:cool:

You road in X-Ray?!?!?!?!?!??:eek::eek::eek: My favorite car on the planet, you are soooooooooooooooooooooo lucky. Maybe someday I can.

Coach:cool:

Thanks coach....any time...:biggrin:

Rick, how do you like that 6265? I am running a 44 right now. But I am thinking about changing over later in the year.

This is a time slip from my last run today….before you even ask, the reaction time was due to the fact the car next to me broke down….I rolled down the window to talk to the track worker to see what happened … by the time my power window rolled up the light was green… the guy did not know about our great power window motors …..:D

I ran on 23 pounds of boost….93 octane with Methanol…on BFG G-Force

Engine: Stock block Balanced and Blueprinted .020 over, Stock Pistons .020 over, Stock Crank .010/.010, ARP Main Studs ,2-3 Main Caps,210-205 Cam, Stock Rods , HV Oil Pump, Ported Steel Heads modified by Bob Stanley, Intake 1.770, Exhaust 1.5 with LT1 Springs rated @ 110# with ARP Bolts, Intakes stock and ported to match Heads,, Stock Headers, Turbo: PTE 6265E dbb air cooled center section. Razor Alky Kit BGC Custom Elbow, Converter: 12 inch Dacco 7727, Stall 2300-2500 Lock –up Clutch. Trans: 200-R4 Modified at Richard Clark’s trans class with, Billet Aluminum Superior Servo , Harden Stator,.500 Bust Valve, Alto Red Clutches, Alto Extra Wide Band, Billet 10 vain rotor in pump, Harden Rings, Revised Accumulator Spring , New Bushings ,Turbo Tweak chip with 60 # Injectors, PoweerLogger, Scanmaster 2.1, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, XP Fuel pump, adj regulator, Hotwire kit, Volt Booster, SS3 inch down pipe, With 2.5 inch SS Exhaust, PTE Stock location Intercooler. Original Trans, Converter and Engine out of car, along with the Intercooler and the GNX Turbo.

Attachments

• scan0012.jpg
    scan0012.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 673
Rick, how do you like that 6265? I am running a 44 right now. But I am thinking about changing over later in the year.

I do not like it.....I love it:D:D...IMO it about the same as the TE44 at lower boost but when you go over 20 pounds of boost it come on like gang busters, much better then the TE 44.....it pulls hard ....hope this helps. PS. I will not go back....

I do not like it.....I love it:D:D...IMO it about the same as the TE44 at lower boost but when you go over 20 pounds of boost it come on like gang busters, much better then the TE 44.....it pulls hard ....hope this helps. PS. I will not go back....
Very cool! Thanks for the info Rick! :cool:

wait so that white GN is actually a GNX?? i didnt kno they came in white looks GREAT... i would though just ur typical t type trying to be an GNX>..lol...GNX x-ray.wooow..love the damn thing..how rare is it?:eek:

wait so that white GN is actually a GNX?? i didnt kno they came in white looks GREAT... i would though just ur typical t type trying to be an GNX>..lol...GNX x-ray.wooow..love the damn thing..how rare is it?:eek:

Short,short version...Buick History Chapter I.
547 GN's sent to ACS to be converted into factory specials. GNX was the name to be given to the Elite 547. Rick Hunt was an engineer for ACS. After the run of 547 was complete, he sent his own White T thru the same process in the same factory. He called it X-Ray because it is sorta a reverse image of the all black ones. It is not actually considered a GNX, but to some it is a priceless one-of-a-kind. It is not a clone because it has all REAL GNX ITEMS on it. Not repops or aftermarket. Rick is member here, X-RAY, and is a friend of mine thru phone calls and PM's. We have missed meeting the last 2 summers, but hopefully soon. X-ray is a special car and Rick is a unselfish member of the Buick community that has shared stories and knowledge of the "behind the scenes" GNX project. He should write a book about it. He has posted several pics that even Buick doesnt have. Go back and read the entire thread, it is really interesting.

How did I do Rick???;)

Coach

Thanks Coach......a few revisions :biggrin: the process was the same as the prototypes builds...the place was a friends facility and the ASC Technical Center...The Livonia Michigan plant ( ASC GNX plant) was already making other vehicles when I built X Ray...:smile:

Awesome thread! Like mentioned one of the best on the internet, being it has Owner/Builder of one the rarest/coolest TR's ever to grace the streets. The white was a great idea. How many miles are on the car now?

I'd never sell car if it were mine, with the length you've had it I'd assume you feel the same. When/if that car ever goes for sale, I'd make sure all the big $$$ GNX/GN people in the community knew about it. I'd love to see what it brings, being it is a piece of Buick/automotive history.

It's crazy to me that your just fun goofing around work project became a legend, that even has had models and toys make after it. How awesome is that!!

Thanks for the nice words.....the car has approximately 65K miles on it ...not planning on selling it, too much fun :)....best regards

Short,short version...Buick History Chapter I.
547 GN's sent to ACS to be converted into factory specials. GNX was the name to be given to the Elite 547. Rick Hunt was an engineer for ACS. After the run of 547 was complete, he sent his own White T thru the same process in the same factory. He called it X-Ray because it is sorta a reverse image of the all black ones. It is not actually considered a GNX, but to some it is a priceless one-of-a-kind. It is not a clone because it has all REAL GNX ITEMS on it. Not repops or aftermarket. Rick is member here, X-RAY, and is a friend of mine thru phone calls and PM's. We have missed meeting the last 2 summers, but hopefully soon. X-ray is a special car and Rick is a unselfish member of the Buick community that has shared stories and knowledge of the "behind the scenes" GNX project. He should write a book about it. He has posted several pics that even Buick doesnt have. Go back and read the entire thread, it is really interesting.

How did I do Rick???;)

Coach

thats real interesting...car is BEUTIFUL this whole threat is nice know i understand most of it. xpect for this so that withe buick with actually parts for a GNX is one of a kind?:eek: