Gnx X-ray

How or where did you get your sunvisors re-covered? Mine are sagging a little bit.

Thanks!

I had them re-covered at Shelby Trim ....see the attached link.....the sunvisors were taken apart recovered and sewed.....it cost approximately $150 for the both( call for a quote).......but you will need to supply material to match you headliner..Established in 1979

For those who missed it...

Here are a few shots of X-RAY at Norwalk. I LOVE THIS CAR. I would love to build one, but I would not have the heart to call it an X-RAY clone. There is only one.

Thanks Rick for bringing it for us to see. Did you ever dream when you were building it , it would become an important piece of BUICK history???:biggrin:

Coach

Attachments

• DSC00469.jpg
    DSC00469.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 974
  • !cid_00a001c9027b$483f22e0$b13b9a18@zoominternet.jpg
    !cid_00a001c9027b$483f22e0$b13b9a18@zoominternet.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,003
  • DSC00467.jpg
    DSC00467.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 986
  • DSC00468.jpg
    DSC00468.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,010
Thanks Rick for bringing it for us to see. Did you ever dream when you were building it , it would become an important piece of BUICK history???:biggrin:

Coach
No I did not…..but the best thing about building the car was all the wonderful people I have met along the way……I enjoy talking with people not only about my car, but their cars as well:biggrin: ….. thanks for the nice words coach….and quoting “imitation is the best form of flattery”

Thank you Rick, but I thanked you first. Norwalk was only my second all Buick event since I have had my GN. For me to get to see X-RAY in person really makes me wish I would have bought the clone I told you about a few years ago that smoked and leaked. I will have a white one someday, but it will be a TSM/ Killer street machine. I could not build an exact clone. I want a complete GN interior and cage.It is just in the planning stages now. I would call it "STORMTROOPER 6":cool: . I have always loved these cars done in white with blackout.

I was just wondering, how much did you pay for the GNX parts when you were building your car? When I was talking to some guys by your car at Norwalk, they were wondering how much it would fetch at Barrett Jackson. I said 100k or close to it. I would guess just all the GNX items are worth 15-20k but I am just guessing. The history part of it is the rest I said. Did you get yourself a jacket and book to go with it too? These are just a few questions I wanted to ask in person, but never found you.

Thank you again sir,
Coach

I was just wondering, how much did you pay for the GNX parts when you were building your car? When I was talking to some guys by your car at Norwalk, they were wondering how much it would fetch at Barrett Jackson. I said 100k or close to it. I would guess just all the GNX items are worth 15-20k but I am just guessing. The history part of it is the rest I said. Did you get yourself a jacket and book to go with it too?
Coach
Well the parts were mostly FREE:eek: as they were given to me by my boss when working at ASC (nice perk)…. I did buy the wheel;) …..I do have a some books and two jackets….see attached and note the special label inserted into one of the jackets…. As for the price for ALL the GNX components if you could get them today, my guess it would be over 40K….

Attachments

• jacket.JPG
    jacket.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 961
  • label.JPG
    label.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 963
Hey Ray, first, I'd like to say very nice car, well done. As I'm reading thru the thread, I find myself more and more fascinated with your current projects with Chip Foose. Has he been around X-Ray and what are his thoughts of the car and towards the Turbo Buick community? I always say (and wish), He should build a GN with his design, especially on one of his TV programs, like Over-haulin or something. Im sure everyone here would love to see that!!(And I just so happen to have a donor car in my garage.) OR.... A project like the Year-One Trans-am. Thanks...

X Ray at Norwalk BRD, and yes Rick was there patiently answering any and all questions about his toy. What an asset to this community. Rick have you drag raced it? (BG street fun dosen't count!) :) -Jimmy

Attachments

• P1010022a.jpg
    P1010022a.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 893
Very cool read. New to the GN community. All my experience with the TR's and GN's was with my dad and the drag strip! Never heard of the GNX till a year or so ago. Awesome car Rick!

Rick have you drag raced it? (BG street fun dosen't count!) :) -Jimmy

Yes I have, but it has been some time ago....the last time was at BG in 99...it did a best time of 12.24 @ 111.39 MPH....thinking of taking it back down the track again with the new set up...:smile:

I saw the car at the Barn show, Looked great! There was also a nice blue t-type in the front corner of the show.

I saw the car at the Barn show, Looked great! There was also a nice blue t-type in the front corner of the show.

Thanks for the nice words…and yes the t-type was a good example of a low milege vehicle with few modifications…. but did you see GNX 544 it was there also and for a car with nearly 70 K miles on it and looked really really good….. Pictured is my latest upgrade to the vehicle, a PTE stock location intercooler……

Attachments

• innercooler 1.jpg
    innercooler 1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 686
  • DSCN0788.jpg
    DSCN0788.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 689
My contribution of recent X Ray pics

I took my GN to the car show at Arby's in Norwalk the day before Buick Race Day and X Ray pulled in next to me so I got to get a few shots of my car and Rick's together. Notice the serial number on the license plate of his GMP X Ray model.:eek:

Really enjoyed talking to you there too Rick!

Attachments

• 0530091109.jpg
    0530091109.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 679
  • 0530091109a.jpg
    0530091109a.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 665
  • 0530091111.jpg
    0530091111.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 667
  • 0530091111a.jpg
    0530091111a.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 690
  • 0530091112.jpg
    0530091112.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 646
Few more pics

Attachments

• DSCN3120.jpg
    DSCN3120.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 638
  • DSCN3126.jpg
    DSCN3126.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 632
  • DSCN3127.jpg
    DSCN3127.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 667
Wow! I am not a fan of white cars, but that GNX looks spectacular! That has to be on of the most sweet cars I have ever seen! There is just enough black on it to offset the rest. Looks sweet!!!!!

I just read through the entire post and it's amazing for sure. To bad GM didn't produce an actual silver or white one, and I'm not a fan of white cars. Rick, your car is great and I'll be reading through the sticky tonight as well for the first time.

Beautiful car. I fell in love with this car the first time I saw it. Rick was super nice and told the entire history of the car. I actually took some dents out of it in BG one year for Rick and he gave me the die cast, signed the top of it, and gave me one of the 25 prints and again signed it as well. This is where I got the idea for my car......kind of added some steroids along the way though ! lol..

Attachments

• bg02.jpg
    bg02.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 546