Gnx X-ray

GNX 233 485

Does anyone have detailed photo's and info about the X-Ray. I am going to create an identical one, as I like the color white much better than black. I dont have the heart to do it to a real GNX, so a my start will be a 54,000 mile T type with gray interior. I guess it will be a clone of a clone.:eek:

X-ray began its life as a white Turbo T.

When the GNX project closed at 547 there were parts left at ASC so Rick (last name omitted for privacy) who had worked the line and helped with the first two GNX's took the leftover parts and put them on his T, transforming it into X-ray.

He even fabricated the X-Ray badge :biggrin:

GMP modeled their 1:18th off of his car.

I have quite a few picts of Rick's car. Let me gather some and post.

And........................ the picts:

Attachments

• DSC02921.jpg
    DSC02921.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 6,172
  • DSCN0683.jpg
    DSCN0683.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 6,133
  • DSCN0689.jpg
    DSCN0689.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 6,000
  • DSCN0718.jpg
    DSCN0718.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 6,397
  • DSCN0723.jpg
    DSCN0723.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 6,064
3 more:

FYI the other GNX's around X-ray are #305 and GNX #1

Attachments

• DSCN0730.jpg
    DSCN0730.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 6,192
  • DSCN0734.jpg
    DSCN0734.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 6,783
  • IMG_1245.JPG
    IMG_1245.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 5,924
Pics

Thanks for the pics. I think I will leave the bumpers and air dams black, as they dont look that good painted white. So I guess mine will be a one of one "creation".

That is an AWESOME CAR! I would like to hear more about it too!

I don't have a lot more info but if you have specific questions I might have answers. It was about 2 years ago when I last talked with Rick. I saw him at Norwalk this summer but it was raining so I hid and never chatted with him.

Nocooler was at my car gathering in 2004 and talked with him too. Maybe Jeremy will chime in ;)

I tried to e-mail Rick but it bounced. Thought he might comment on his car.

I don't know why I just noticed this, but wouldn't it look better if the front spoiler and parklight bezels on the front bumper were black?

I've been thinking about doing the same thing making an X-ray by either using a T or a GN that someone else has already attempted to make into a GNX clone.

Does the xray have GN interior or just grey?

The interior was the T's gray seats but it had the correct gauges.

Think of it this way. A GNX was a GN that was yanked from the line and had parts swapped around to make it a GNX.
Same thing happened for x-ray but they used Rick's White T. As they never swapped seats to make a GNX...they didn't here either.

I have heard that it had badge #002 on the dash but I did not personally see that.

I don't have a lot more info but if you have specific questions I might have answers. It was about 2 years ago when I last talked with Rick. I saw him at Norwalk this summer but it was raining so I hid and never chatted with him.

Nocooler was at my car gathering in 2004 and talked with him too. Maybe Jeremy will chime in ;)

I tried to e-mail Rick but it bounced. Thought he might comment on his car.

Here is what I remember:

GNX #2 was a "test" car. It was eventually damaged/destroyed from testing.

Rick worked for ASC and talked to both GM and ASC to acquire the parts from GNX #2 to turn his personal t-type into a GNX.

If you look close the car has a few upgrades as well.

Rick seemed to be a nice guy - and I didn't want to hound him with the 5000 questions he probably has been asked before.

The interior was the T's gray seats but it had the correct gauges.

Think of it this way. A GNX was a GN that was yanked from the line and had parts swapped around to make it a GNX.
Same thing happened for x-ray but they used Rick's White T. As they never swapped seats to make a GNX...they didn't here either.

I have heard that it had badge #002 on the dash but I did not personally see that.

I saw the XRAY at Norwalk in 2006. The dash badge is # 002 & under that is a plaque that says the car was made by Rick and is a replica, etc. The rain prevented me from taking a pic of the dash as the windows were up!

Attachments

• XRAY 1.JPG
    XRAY 1.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 6,084
I saw the XRAY at Norwalk in 2006. The dash badge is # 002 & under that is a plaque that says the car was made by Rick and is a replica, etc. The rain prevented me from taking a pic of the dash as the windows were up!

Yup....I was parked 4 cars away from him. I probably saw you but don't know you so I didn't say hello.

Hello.

First let me say thank you to all of you who appreciate my car. This is my first experience on message boards so hopefully I will be able to answer questions pertaining to my vehicle and the GNX’s that were built. You will see a picture of the car (attached in the GN registry as I just joined) as it was shown at an ASC quarterly meeting where I was awarded with a Car Nut award shortly before leaving the company.
I was a technician at ASC when the program was going on and designed several components along with helping with the fixtures for building the vehicles at our Livonia, Michigan assembly plant. I helped the people at the plant; showing them how to install the components. I was working with a technician from McLaren that was showing them how to install the suspension and drive train components as I concentrated on the interior and exterior components. My car was made from extra components that were used in making fixtures and also some first shot parts. I will be working with your community to verify VIN numbers for vehicles being sold, and help if I can on any questions pertaining to these fantastic vehicles. Best Regards
:D :D

Attachments

• hunt_gnx a.jpg
    hunt_gnx a.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 6,061