GNX on ebay for 12,500 LOL SCAM?

THe auction was pulled, luckily, i was able to "ask seller a question" before the ad was pulled.. here's what i said:

Hello, i'm writing you in regards to your buick for sale on ebay. I have a few questions:

1. Does the car have a clear and clean title, ie- not salvage, reconstructed, etc...
2. Is all the original documentation there? (window sticker, numbered book, hat, jacket, etc...
3. Is your asking price actually 12,500 us? if so, i will buy it.

Here was his response:

I'm really sorry for this late reply but I've been very busy lately
>and
>away from a computer. The car is located in Lawrenceville NJ . It has all
>the papers as well as the service book. About the car 75700 miles on
>board,
>I can say that does not drip, leak, lean, smoke, pull to one side, vibrate,
>or make funny noises. It has never been in ANY wreck, has never hit a curb,
>was never hit while parked, the alignment is perfect, it tracks smooth at
>any speed. It has a clean car fax which confirms the accuracy of the
>mileage.
>
> It has a clear title and it will be signed and notarized on your name
>as
>soon as the payment will be completed. I want this transaction to be as
>smooth as possible as I am caught in the middle of some very important
>events and have very few time at my disposal. The price is only 12,500.00
>including shipping costs anywhere in the continental US and insurance
>charges.
>
> Regarding the payment I am aware of the buyer's protection and we
>will
>use Ebay's motors vehicle purchase protection program which will hold the
>payment until you receive the car. You'll need to make a deposit for 23%
>of
>the total amount of 12,500.00, which means $2,875 and the remaining balance
>of $9625 after delivery of the car. To complete payment the buyer must have
>cash available. By making a deposit you are not buying the car ,is just the
>way the program works (and in case you buy the car it will give you a 1
>month/1000 miles guarantee).However , it is 100% refundable if the car is
>not as described .
>
> If you are interested in this car please provide me the following
>information's necessary to take a decision :
>
>-your full name and address for shipping
>
>-eBay ID
>
>-your phone #
>
>-any negative feedback and if so .... for what reason .
>
>Once again I apologies for requesting this but I need to be sure I am
>dealing with interested people as I really don't have much time to spear.
>
>
>
>Thanks,
>
>Eddie Malave.

I then respond:

That's great, i'm in hoboken, (actually, a little closer to montreal, quebec, canada, but i'm not letting him know that ;) ) I'd like to come and see the car in person, i will bring a cashiers check in the full amount in case i like what i see. I prefer to do business the old fashioned way, and finish with a handshake. Please email me a scan of the title, and we'll be on our way to a deal.

His response:

Hi ,

I said the car is in Lawrenceville NJ but did not say I'm also there. Sorry
for that. I have a new job in Honolulu, Hawaii actually and will not be
there to hand it over or something like that. You send the amount deposit(in
our case $2,875) to an eBay Motors, eBay will confirm me that you have made
the payment. I will ship you the car so you can test drive the car. If you
will not get exactly the same car that you have viewed in the ad, and also a
clean title you will receive all your money back from eBay motors. This is
why we'll work through eBay Motors and they will keep the money until the
purchase is final and you test it and accept it. Please let me know if you
are still interested
The car generated a great deal of inters and people have been calling me all
day. The line is down for hours. Please try to call me at: (808)-528-5758
Sorry for not being clear from the beginning, my fault.
This is why I need your address for shipping. Once again, shipping is free.
Please let me know if you are still interested

Thanks
Eddie.

my latest response:

That's no problem, i understand. I travelled a lot myself being in the salvation army, royal 32nd platoon. I had to have my mother take car of all my business while i was away, and that wasn't always easy. Anyway, i'm less than an hour away, so you can save money on the shipping, and paypal fees on 12,000 will be outrageous! those bloody theives... If you could arrange for me to take a look at the car, i would make it worth your while, instead of a deposit of 2875.00, i'll get you a deposit of $3000 just to cover the paypal fees. THis has been my dream car for many years, and i won't let it slip away. THanks eddie!!

Freddy

Fake GNX confirmed !

Since this ebay ad showed the VIN number, I contacted the GNX Registry to confirm that this car is a real GNX. The reply was that the VIN number was not correct. It was too early in the build cycle. The gent also said that he thought the pictures were pirated from an earlier ad. I contacted ebay customer relations and passed this info on and the ad was pulled. I have also seen a very nice '40 Ford convertible street rod worth over $50 K listed for $6250 and a 2005 Corvette with 800 ( YES ! ) miles listed with a buy it now price of $8000. Both replies came from the Netherlands claiming emissions compliance problems forcing the sale. So, part it out - -.

That sounds exactly like what happened to me read on....

I actually bid on this bike but was outbid.

8b_3.JPG

I got a second chance offer to buy it for $5500. I let it go because even at that price something smelled fishy. Then later on, I got an offer to buy it for $2750. I e-mailed the person and asked what's the deal for cheap price.

They wrote back and said:

"QUOTE"
Hello,
I have received your email regarding my bike 2005 Suzuki : GSX-R custom paint.
You will get the bike to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place.
Usually shipment takes maximum 5-7 days to USA and it will be fully insured against damages,shipped in a crated container. Total price of the bike including all shipping costs and insurance all the way to your place is $2,750 us$ .
This is my husband`s as he loved it very much, but he did not enjoy it as he died in a car acccident month ago. It brings very bad memories to me, I want to get rid of it. The buyer will receive the bike with all papers and receipts that he needs to
register it to his name.
I moved to Toronto to forget and to brake any connections that would remember about my loss, the bike is with me here in Toronto, Canada and it will be shipped from there.I will manage the shipping price and I assumed that it is my duty to pay for shipping it.It will be delivered directly to your address.
In order to notify eBay I will ALSO need your eBay user name so I can open a transaction case and they will contact you for further details and instructions. I want a safe deal and I want to end this transaction through eBay.
Please reply with the following information's:
-Your full name;
-Full Address
-Your ebay user id.
The most important thing in all my activity here is that I am affiliated with eBay where I have a purchase protection account for $20,000 . eBay is the insurer of this transaction by using a certified third party to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements.
The transaction will close only through ebay vehicle purchase protection so we both will be protected.
I will look for your email,so that we can move forward with this deal!
Let me know,

"UNQUOTE"

Sorry, too good to be true again. A couple of weeks later it was back up on auction!

eBay Motors: Suzuki : GSX-R (item 330043862019 end time Nov-04-06 08:15:00 PST)

Auction I bid on...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=200033195691&sspagename=ADME:B:SCO:US:1