Gnx 159 on Power Tour

GNRick

Retired member
Was nice to see gnx 158 with Wisconsin plates in Champaign, IL today. Was in town for Hotrod Power Tour.

Attachments

• 20170613_173614.jpg
    20170613_173614.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 228
Last edited by a moderator:
GNX Way To Represent.... Bummer there not touring across the south ,all in the northern tier this year. I think this is the 1st T/B
that has ever been on the tour ,if my memory serves me right.(y)

No, just IL to Iowa to Wisc. This year it stopped in my home town of Champaign, IL. I saw 3 gn's from out of town.

I thought it was 158 [emoji848]... I know it's from Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought it was 158 [emoji848]... I know it's from Michigan.

You're right, its Michigan. It could be 158 as there was a little shadow when I looked in the side window.

Attachments

• 20170613_173439.jpg
    20170613_173439.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 135
GNX Way To Represent.... Bummer there not touring across the south ,all in the northern tier this year. I think this is the 1st T/B

Mine's long hauled twice and there's been at least 3 other long hauls within the tfw, possibly more. Not counting all the partial tours we've jumped on and off of. Power tour is how we all met. After 4 total for me (2 in other vehicles) I'm about pt'd out until they go somewhere new, like the dakotas or the upper northeast.

Maybe first GNX to tour but not close to the first Turbo Buick to tour... I've done around 10 and I'm on my 5th Longhaul now... my buddy 2tone WE4 has done quite a few also... as well as Austin and Jeremy, Keith, Bob, GNGal has done a lot..... list goes on and on...

Actually I have pics of a gnx on tour from Hutchinson Kansas in 2011. Had a Kansas dealer tag, don't remember the car number but sure I have a pic somewhere. met him in Detroit on the last day and he said he did most of the tour iirc.

Power tour had a fatality accident yesterday, really sad news.

Bob, do you know anything about the accident? That is the 2nd fatality accident in the last few years. I remember the guy killed while doing the PT with his son in his 1969 Camaro. Some DA ran into him head on.