.350 151.7
.400 159.3
.450 165
.500 168.9
.550 171.6

The intakes were then gasket matched to FelPro 1200
Bowls were blended on the intake and exhaust
Exhaust was cleaned and polished throughout it's length
It's a Basic "econo port" from Precision Engine and Machine (local shop)
EconoPort GN1 Intake
LIFT CFM
.100 63
.200 121.8
.250 150
.300 177
.350 201.5
.400 219.9
.450 230.5
.500 236
.550 230.4

EconoPort GN1 Exhaust
LIFT CFM
.100 56.2
.200 110.3
.250 127.5
.300 144.1
.350 158
.400 169.3
.450 178.3
.500 187.2
.550 192.6

Since you don't see this kind of stuff posted too much I figured I'd show what a full race ported GN1-R head (out the box) looks like when compared to stock iron heads. This gives people an idea of how much larger aftermarket heads are. I ported the stock iron head you see myself and has been a best of 6.53 at 107 in the 8th mile. Also to note, my "R" heads are not the tall port offered by Champion. There's at least 3/16" or more to make the port taller. I'm sure all the really fast guys have MUCH larger re-worked heads than these.

heads_acrossports.jpg

heads_sidebysideports.jpg

heads_updownports.jpg

heads_chambers.jpg

what was the fastest u ran with the stock ported head that u ported.

thanx you did a great job.

Pretty sure he sold his car. The pics were probably hosted on a site and he either deleted them or closed the account. Too bad. I remember they were very revealing. Maybe someone saved them and can repost them.

I pm'd him a few months ago about the photos, he took them down for some reason. There is no harm in asking for the photos in an email along with permission to host them your self and keep them up here. I have no idea how to do that stuff or I would have asked. YA never know he may have the pics still :biggrin:

I pm'd him a few months ago about the photos, he took them down for some reason. There is no harm in asking for the photos in an email along with permission to host them your self and keep them up here. I have no idea how to do that stuff or I would have asked. YA never know he may have the pics still :biggrin:

I know how to host them however I guess we need to figure out how to get them to rehost them. I believe that the new board update allows the picture hosting directly on the turbobuick servers.

I just tore down my engine and found Heads and intake are ported...would like to compare with some pics:cool:

Since you don't see this kind of stuff posted too much I figured I'd show what a full race ported GN1-R head (out the box) looks like when compared to stock iron heads. This gives people an idea of how much larger aftermarket heads are. I ported the stock iron head you see myself and has been a best of 6.53 at 107 in the 8th mile. Also to note, my "R" heads are not the tall port offered by Champion. There's at least 3/16" or more to make the port taller. I'm sure all the really fast guys have MUCH larger re-worked heads than these.

Why can't I see any pic's did you remove them?

heads_acrossports.jpg

heads_sidebysideports.jpg

heads_updownports.jpg

heads_chambers.jpg

Champion aluminum heads are a totally different casting than stock. Spark plug is also moved closer to the center.

Also, they redesigned the "squish" or combustion chamber for better flow. If you look at the new Chevy LSX style heads the chambers are almost identical to the Champions.

Is there a way I can see these pics, I know others have been asking to, but I am considering ported irons, and would like to see the difference if that's possible. Thank you

Ported irons have taken many racers into the 9's with stock intakes that were port matched. Not everyone can afford to put 4+G's into a set of GN1R's not including the matching intake. If anyone lists a set of Champion ported irons for sale, they will gone in minutes, literally minutes.

Ported irons have taken many racers into the 9's with stock intakes that were port matched. Not everyone can afford to put 4+G's into a set of GN1R's not including the matching intake. If anyone lists a set of Champion ported irons for sale, they will gone in minutes, literally minutes.

I can totally understand your point ... good luck in your quest

rag231 said:

The guys that are flying with iron heads have plenty of $$$ invested in them. Don't be fooled. You're not buying a set of heads from champion for $1200 and running 9.50 with them. There is a lot more work there than most think. Plan on another $1000-1200 worth of "stuff" including the camshaft to run a cam that will give an advantage. It becomes cheaper to run race potted aluminum heads at a certain point. The heads flow potential and spring selection are much better.