GN1 Coil Bracket

hemi8

Goin Sideways
I designed a simple coil bracket for the Champion GN1 intake. The stock coil will not fit, this is CNC cut out of 0.25" aluminum. It fits perfect and raises the coilpack and moves it forward so there is no chance for the wiper mechanism to hit it or the plug wires.
Mike
DSC03110.JPG
DSC03112.JPG
DSC03113.JPG
DSC03116.JPG
DSC03117.JPG
DSC03120.JPG

This is just one of the many items I suggested in the new part idea section:
- 2 piece valvecovers with integrated O-ring seals so checking the valvetrain is a breeze.
- 3in dual exhaust with long 4in tailpipes so it looks just like a true 4" dual system aka GT500 Shelby
- 2 piece front timing cover so adjusting the end play on a roller cam isn't such a PITA (R&R the timing cover has to be the worst task on these engines)
Mike

How much power are you making to need dual 3"? We are running 10.0's @136+ on a 2.5" three muffler system. Setting roller thrust is simple with a dial indicator and leave the rear cam plug out. Now back to the coil bracket.......... looks nice. I used .125" aluminum and some washers for spacers. Been awhile ago (and I don't remember what I just ate for lunch), so I'm missing some of the other details. I'll be working on that engine again, soon though. I'll add a picture of my caveman solution for guys that don't have access to a CNC waterjet/mill. I used a band saw, die grinder and a drill. A jig saw will cut 1/8" aluminum just fine, too.

- 3" exhaust............I like the way it looks.
- Roller cam adjust is easy either way with the engine out of the car, in the car is what I am refering to.
- Your fab skills are on a much different level than mine, I've seen your trick work and it is beautiful.
- If I can get 10 people who want one.........
Mike

- 3" exhaust............I like the way it looks.
- Roller cam adjust is easy either way with the engine out of the car, in the car is what I am refering to.
- Your fab skills are on a much different level than mine, I've seen your trick work and it is beautiful.
- If I can get 10 people who want one.........
Mike
Post these "wants" in the general section and we can get a conversation going on what it would take. (I've looked into it). We don;t need to hi-jack this thread.

I like that you added the ground wire to the bottom of the module. I have been doing that to most of the cars I work on for many years. I have never trusted the factory ground path of the coil bracket. I run a wire to the ground build up (I use the original wire loom boss under the coil pack -after sanding all the thick paint off to bare aluminum) Then I also add an additional 10ga wire from the ground build up to the front lower turbo mounting bracket. (battery ground)

old thread but nice piece. too bad i did not see ths before I turned onmy wipers :(
and drove to work on 5cyl because plug wire was cut.