Glad to be Home!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Wow what a long 5 days.... Driving 2 out of 5 didn't help. Had a wonderful time overall!

I had a great time socially at the Nats this year. I got to meet ALOT of great people and got to see alot of people I already knew in the TR world. Only got to make 2 passes with the car.

Car ran 11.5 @ 119 at 23psi on Friday breaking up bad as I attempted to lock up the converter. I let out on second pass due to breaking up.... After Sully mentioned trying some new plugs I called JayC, told him the deal and he said yeah grab some plugs and go back out. Got there Sat morning and changed plugs, they were burnt and dropped down a number, car ran much better. Carried car over to the Full Throttle Tent and Bob Bailey got my Maft Pro logging to the laptop, what a great guy btw, and Bruce drove the car and said my TV cable was way out of adjustment.

He drove the car 50yrds turned around came back and adjusted the cable, and had some choice words for me LOL:tongue: , jumped back in took off and when he hit second the car went sideways:eek: So I took the golf cart over to the lane and asked the guy what time T&T was over he said 11:00.. I rushed back got my big butt in the car took off to the line for hopefully 1 good pass. I was excited as I could be, just knowing my 10 sec pass could finally happend. It was 10:38 when I pulled up and the barrels were up and T&T was over :( So much for the one good pass.....

On the other hand, seeing so many great people associated with this community made it all worth it. I would like to take a moment to thank Mike & Bob at Full Throttle for their help and especially for putting on the Tech Session. Mike and Marie Ann gave out a ton of free stuff. Alot of other vendors did too, Lonnie, Brian H. (sorry if I missed anyone) The LS1 coil stuff sounds like it could be great for our cars. I would also like to thank Bruce from PTS for his help and friendship. Bob took the time to set up my laptop and get everything going and explain how it all worked, I really really appreciate that Bob!!!! Dan from DLS took the time to go over the car and give a suggestion, Thanks DAN!! Bruce adjusted on the car and made sure to introduce me to everyone he could. He did me another huge favor yesterday.... I left my wallet in the hotel in Canton NC he stopped by and picked it up for me and I am going to meet him today to pick it up. Girl at desk gave me wrong exit number so he had to turn around and go back 30mins in the mountains to get it for me. THANKS BRUCE!!!

I want to say thanks to everyone I talked with, here are most if I missed any I am so sorry I was all over the place lol: Clint my NC buddy always helping me out, Travis, Sully, Steve T & Kate, Patrick, WH-1 the guy that won the Nov give away, HE LOVES THE GBODYPARTS F/M BTW:biggrin: Bruce, Pete, Dennie K, John Spina, Richard Clark, all the guys at the grill that night.... AJ & his wife, Jason White, Otto (BIG THUMBS UP BTW, this guy helps everybody), Russ, Ted, Dave, Jack Cotton, Cal, Richie Hi PSI, turbo canuck, Laz, Dan, Vince Janis, Jason Cramer, Jim C, Brian H (got a trans:biggrin: ), Len Freeman (thanks for the case), There were so many more members I met I can not remember names... I remember faces but not names....

It was great meeting everybody! Wish I could have met more, I was looking for alot of people but just no way to tell who is who.

Jim did a GREAT job as race director IMO! Hats off to him and the job he had to do... I followed the cigar smoke till I found him LOL!!! Nice to finally meet you man!!!!!

Big thanks to the Dent Remover guy by the Race Gate, he got my keys out of the truck for me;)

I learned alot about something in particular though, when we finally get the TurboBuick.com National event going it will be all about racing and the racers. I am not knocking anything about the Nats it was a great event. I just want to have a few days of nothing but TURBO BUICKS going up and down the track from early in the morning to the lights go out!!! I had alot of great suggestions from folks this week. I am working on this, I do not want to rush it so I am putting alot of thought and planning into this. If we do it we want to do it RIGHT!!!!

Again I meet so many people if I missed your name I am sorry and look forward to seeing you all again soon!

I forgot to add Eric Marshall, he is a great guy and gave away some chips at the seminar! Also Billy T and his girlfriend. I remember more as I go lol!!! Also our moderator from Kansas himself Quick6'n'KC!

I forgot to add Eric Marshall, he is a great guy and gave away some chips at the seminar! Also Billy T and his girlfriend. I remember more as I go lol!!! Also our moderator from Kansas himself Quick6'n'KC!

Answwer your damn phone Shane:eek:

Shane sounds like you had a great time.
I will have to make this race before it gets any smaller.

Shane, it was nice meeting and talking to you and Clint while he took a break from wrenching on peoples' cars. Hope you guys come back next year; maybe we can get a Tuberbuick.com tent?

Shane-
Glad to finally meet up with you and put a face with the name. Man i had a blast too, got to meet alot of board members for the first time and Eric and i were running around like kids in a candy store all week long.

Everyone who was running his chips were getting them dialed in, and i was able to take a few cars down the strip.

My favorite had to be getting a stock 13,000 mile 87 Limited from south carolina into the 12s with under 5 mods, Julios meth kit and Erics computer chip was the key ingredient in getting the car where it need to be.

Everyone who i met asked if i took a car:redface: I guess i need to next year so i can show it off and race it.

Lots of fun :)

BW

My favorite had to be getting a stock 13,000 mile 87 Limited from south carolina into the 12s with under 5 mods, Julios meth kit and Erics computer chip was the key ingredient in getting the car where it need to be.
Hey Bryan, was that the silver car Julio was installing the kit on up by the pit entrance on the grass..I think Thursday?

Attachments

• DSC_0024%20(Medium).jpg
    DSC_0024%20(Medium).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 155
No, it was not that car...
Thanks to Clay Marlow for taking the picture of the 13,000 mile limited.

I believe the silver car with the powder coated rims is one you are talking about, its a nice car that Julio was putting the kit on it next to the check in shack :)
That was the silver car I was thinking of, I remember the powder coated rims.
The 13k mile car in the pic I definitely remember too...the blue two tone Limited in the background of the above pic is my buddy's car that I rode up there with.

Wished i would have known that! I breifly spoke to him about his blue limited and headed down to the 2 tone tan limited and started droooling:biggrin:

BW

Shane,
It was a pleasure to meet you, to bad it was so hectic there.:smile:

Any questions give me a shout...

Brian Hofer

Shane,
It was a pleasure to meet you, to bad it was so hectic there.:smile:

Any questions give me a shout...

Brian Hofer

Thanks again Brian. Making me get another car ready lol!!!!

Canton, NC? Shane you were right here in my hometown. The big metropolis of Canton! :D