Gbody downpipe

rearveiw85

does anyone have a gbody down pipe on there car? If so can u please post some pics and how was it to install. I was thinking of getting one. Just want to know if it's worth it.

I did at one point. You have to remember a few things.

Every car is different

They will all fit differently

Body bushings, trans mount, how the body sits on the car all effect the way the downpipe fits.

Also as tight as it is over on the passenger side it's a pita

Great pipe and no vendors make them anymore.

You'll be happy with it, imop

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Here are a few pics of the G Body Parts Down Pipe that I had one my car, If you plan to stay Hot Air it is worth the spend

Attachments

• Hot Air 1.JPG
    Hot Air 1.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 132
  • Hot Air 2.JPG
    Hot Air 2.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 132
  • Hot Air 3.JPG
    Hot Air 3.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 133
Here is couple pictures.
I bought 1 for a costumers car.
As Boost 231 posted. It will not fit!
Brain will make a million excuses.
I would fab 1 yourself or find a very good fabricator the cost won't be much different
But you would have a good fitting pipe with no leaks or rattles.

The car had new HR motor mounts, good body mounts , I loosened body from frame shifted it around with no real advantage or clearance help. It took me way more time doing this than just building it from scratch.
Here is also picture of test pipe I was given with hot air downpipe. Chrome plated mild steel all booger welded together. Was told it was stainless. Any dummy could see it wasn't.

IMAG0307 (1).jpgIMAG0048.jpg IMAG0047.jpg IMAG0034.jpg IMAG0033.jpg IMAG0047.jpg
IMAG0036.jpg

It is a 2 piece pipe with band clamp. Pipe would only fit about 1/2" inside lower pipe and leaked like crazy. I ended up welding it together.