G body parts where are my door panels?

crashedout1

Ordered light sand gray door panels for my 84 no tracking number emailed them and they responded saying they only have black and asked if i wanted black no i have lier sieglar interior i want what i ordered multiple emails no tracking number just told me that they will notify the manufacturer. Order was placed on may 28th still no tracking number no door panels.

Call, call and keep calling

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Just got a email today stating that the manufacturer was having a hard time getting the light sand grey cloth and that they should ship in 10 days. I dont have a number for them .

Call your credit card company, start the process of disputing the charge. They won't refund your money without the threat of charge back from the credit card company. Made two orders with them (first and last)! Never again!! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call your credit card company, start the process of disputing the charge. They won't refund your money without the threat of charge back from the credit card company. Made two orders with them (first and last)! Never again!! Good luck! .........

This is one reason there are only a few turbo Buick vendors left in our community when customers do not understand they have a 32 year old car which were only 2000 of them built in 1984, and they expect that their part should be in stock and shipped the next day?

It took 6 months for me to get interior upholstery for a 1984 turbo car we are restoring, and was grateful that we were able to get it at all.

Some special orders must be paid by the vendor up front. The customer is pissed the part is not shipped within a week and cancels their credit card payment, so the vendor ends up with a part they may never sell, does not sound fair to me?

Honest communication on both sides is truly the key. Customer states a time frame in which they realistically want the product and the vendor stating if that time frame is feasible.Policies that state your card will not be charged until the product ships is a good principle to stand by for a customer, for the vendor it may strap them for needed cash flow, but it does instill some trust. When my vendors tell me of back ordered products I request and send emails, not that I have had issues but when you deal with a few hundred customers and 50 or so vendors the ball can be dropped very easily, I have to create paper trails. I learned the hard way by telling a few vendors that " I wasn't in a hurry for X product or service and was completely forgotten about. Look at Nick Micale's point of view again, and again. I bet every one on this board has missed out out on some product or service that is no longer offered. crashedout1 has your card been charged yet?

This is one reason there are only a few turbo Buick vendors left in our community when customers do not understand they have a 32 year old car which were only 2000 of them built in 1984, and they expect that their part should be in stock and shipped the next day?

It took 6 months for me to get interior upholstery for a 1984 turbo car we are restoring, and was grateful that we were able to get it at all.

Some special orders must be paid by the vendor up front. The customer is pissed the part is not shipped within a week and cancels their credit card payment, so the vendor ends up with a part they may never sell, does not sound fair to me?

Nick, your point is valid with regards to special order goods. And perhaps I was too quick to judge, however, a lot of animosity and angst could be avoided here (had the vendor simply alerted the OP)! And considering your explanation I am sure that most anyone would likely be a little more understanding (with a simple explanation of such). However, true to form this vendor does not practice business 101 which is careful avoidance through proper communication.

And who knows this may be a legit delay, however, many people have been mislead by this vendor. I know that I personally have been a victim of such myself. Therefore that is why I am quick to judge them. However, in all fairness your point is valid. It is just very hard to trust a vendor when you have to track them down to find out what is going on here.

And rag231 makes a very good point about communication. It's just that simple straightforward communication / status updates or the like would save the gbodyparts a whole lot of heartache. And let's face it, we are accustomed to be informed about every last detail these days. So when u run into a situation wherein you get no feedback at all (unless you inquire). Then things tend to be suspect from the get go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I paid with debit and that was on may 28th i had to send multiple emails just took get an answer raised a flag when they sent my floor pans which they only sent me the drivers side front and rear when i ordered both fronts no rear! Also gave me a invalid tracking number. Now i know why they dont use pay pal .

Last edited:
Also if you advertise a part on your website and you accept payment you better have an explaination why! Its how things are done here in the USA!

I agree. If it is special order part, it should be stated on there with the "expect 4-6 week delivery"

Emailing for a week staight after recieving other parts that were placed at the same time got we worried.

I understand this i havent disputed it yet i just need my stuff. When you give someone $455.00 you should atleast get a response. And a explanation.