G Body EFI Conversion help please......

96gt4.6

I am looking for some help on doing an EFI Conversion on my '79 Malibu, and had been referenced to this site in hopes of some help.....

I am currently going from Carb to EFI on my '79 Malibu. It currently has a heads/cam GEN III 6.0L installed. I have done multiple efi swaps with the GEN III Chevy over the years with both EFI and carb. My question pertains to the fuel system on an EFI Gbody, more specifically, the interchangeability of a Grand National fuel tank into my '79 Malibu.

I'm wanting to use the Grand National tank because it has such a larger aftermarket support as far as dual in tank pumps/ect. My current plan involves me removing my current engine setup, and going with a Turbocharged GEN III.

My question, can I simply purchase a Grand National fuel tank conversion kit from Gbodyparts.com, shown here: http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=1186 , along with a dual in-tank hanger assembly from Racetronix, do the wiring/plumbing and it's that simple? I have read the filler necks may be different, but other then that, the tanks are a direct swap?

Any information is greatly appreciated guys, thanks!

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. Concurring research on other sites seem to confirm, it really is that simple. From what I understand the only modification is to the filler neck possibly being tweaked a little, and you need to do the vent mod to keep from having fuel fill issues.