funny kid at my school...

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
this kid at lunch yesterday was boasting about how his car was the fastest thing around.. i immedatly stepped up and said i bet 50 bucks i'd win.. three others said there money was on me, the kid (steve) continued with trying to have a conversation with me, this is how it went..

Steve: no no no! your car will kick my ass. what do you have done to your car?
Me: its mostly stock with new exhaust K&N so on and so forth, that im probably close to 300 hp and 400 ft/lbs..
Steve: thats it?! i have 350 to the wheels yeah im dropping a double turbo this summer and will probably be pushing out 650 to the wheels, what are you doing to your car?
Me: oh im just doing a Te-44, 009's Warlbro 340 w/ a hotwire kit, SMC Alky kit, maybe a 24 i/c scan master and some other stuff, i expect to be running mid to low 11's by the end of the summer...
Steve: (while looking very confused about what i had just told him) Thats it? aw man i expect a lot more out of you, what is it you drive again? grand...
me:national?
Steve: yeah, well im not really worried about my car right now, because yesterday i blew two cylinders out of my car (then he said something else that was ridiculous)
me: :rolleyes: what kind of car did you say you have again
Steve now pretends to get distracted and litterally runs away.. i ask eveyone around me what he drove but no one could give me an answer..

ugh kids these days :cool:

-Neil

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
this kid at lunch yesterday was boasting about how his car was the fastest thing around.. i immedatly stepped up and said i bet 50 bucks i'd win..

Steve: no no no! your car will kick my ass. what do you have done to your car?

Fastest car around and then he immediately retracts it. Funny.

Me: its mostly stock with new exhaust K&N so on and so forth, that im probably close to 300 hp and 400 ft/lbs..
Steve: thats it?! i have 350 to the wheels yeah im dropping a double turbo this summer and will probably be pushing out 650 to the wheels

Sounds like a ricer.

Anyway, learn to sandbag. Don't go around giving aways facts about your car to people. Make 'em think it's slow. Get him to want to race you - for money, of course.

I dunno how those double turbo's will help his briggs and straton he straped to his wheel chair....

DEFINITELY sandbag!!! I always tell people my car is mostly stock...just the typical tweaks like KN and chip. Keep in mind, most people won't know the 60-1 turbo, Big Mouth kit and downpipe are not factory. "Yeah, that's a stock turbo!"

Yeah, always downplay what your car can do. People ask me and I say, it is mostly stock. I think it has a chip in and and a new exhaust. Most people think exhaust is for sound only. I always point out things when people look under the hood, like the engine tie down and things like that. Who will want to race you when you start telling them what is done to the car.