Fuel Pump Upgrade?

No. The hotwire will only make your pump more consistent at higher rpm. The stock wires wern't that great when new so most of us see a voltage drop(Fuel pressure drop) when we get into boost. The hotwire helps end this and maybe save you a headgasket.

Ive got a walbro 255, hotwired, blue top injectors and 150k on the engine...
I just passed smog by throwing my cat back on...
HC's were like 10 and 15 at the two speeds and co% was super low too. :eek: :eek: NOx was waaaaaay low also.

I did smog checks for about 4 years. It blew my mind. I never thought my car would run that clean. Haha, it ran cleaner than my 03 silverado with a 6.0

The only way it could effect emmissions is if the return line is not adequate restricting the regulator from bleeding off the volume of fuel necessary to keep the pressure in the range your chip needs.

I had a kink in my return line on my Regal Limited therefore could not adjust the pressure under 45 psi. Had to replace a section of the return line to get the pressure where it should be.

Having the higher volume pump assures consistent pressure available, which makes the tuning much easier.