Fuel pressure issue?

dmarx

I have a Holley Red fuel pump that is preset at 7 psi. Is that to much fuel pressure , if so, what problems will it cause. Having continuous issue with the carb that resembles fuel starvation. I have checked all other recommendations.
Dan

I was hoping you were gonna say it was a 80-83 ccc and I could have given you some advice.......throw it over your right shoulder lol

I believe at ide the mechanical pump puts out about 7 psi. Shouldn't be a problem. If too high, it would overflow the fuel bowl dump into the carb.

I ran into problems with the stock fuel filter in the carb inlet. It has a check valve built into it. At WOT, fuel pressure dropped to 2 psi and this wasn't enough to open the valve. I removed the filter and went with an inline filter. (I would think this would not be your problem with an electric pump at 7 psi.)

What is your starvation problem acting like? Could you be knocking and then pulling timing? That would make the engine fall on it face. Try some high octane race gas and see it if goes away.