Fuel Cell Guys, Please Take a Look!

DoWork

I was wondering if there is any specific set of rules and/or guidelines regarding how the trunk area is supposed to be "firewalled" in a fuel celled car. Also, if you would happen to have pics of yours, and a brief explanation of what you did and how you did it, please post the up. I would really like to see how everyone is doing this, and I would really like to get it done right the first time.

Thanks in advance,
-Todd

I was wondering if there is any specific set of rules and/or guidelines regarding how the trunk area is supposed to be "firewalled" in a fuel celled car. Also, if you would happen to have pics of yours, and a brief explanation of what you did and how you did it, please post the up. I would really like to see how everyone is doing this, and I would really like to get it done right the first time.

Thanks in advance,
-Todd

Mark Hueffman at BuickGN.com sold bolt in kits, that you bolted down and then used seam sealer to seal it up, you may want to check that out.

Firewall kits have been out of stock for a bit now. Supposed to be ready by end of next week. Put one in my GN a little while ago, have a thread on the board somewhere with pictures and how I changed my speakers to go in the rear seat side panels. Funny thing is, when I first went to close the trunk it wouldn't latch. Now that it is fully sealed if you slam the trunk closed being air tight won't let it close. Now I just bring it down to where it is almost shut and just give it a push.:) here is a link to that thread http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...18255-trunk-firewall-installed-some-pics.html

Thank you for popping in sir. Its not a big deal that they are out of stock right now as my "toy money" fund is a bit shorter than I had thought it was. I guess I have been going a little overboard lately......

I have another question hopefully one of you can answer, albeit, its a bit off topic. I was looking at fuel cells with a 0-90 GM type level sending unit in them. Now, if I buy, say, a 12 galllon cell, is my gauge only going to read 3/4 of tank when its full? OR, does it somehow accomadate for this? Excuse my stupidity, I'm just trying to learn.

mine seems to read fairly close when im on e im get really low lol. i have the summit brand 15 gallon aluminum with sender. i got alminum cause every plastic cell ive ever got has collapsed in the middle no matter that i had it vented.

mine seems to read fairly close when im on e im get really low lol. i have the summit brand 15 gallon aluminum with sender. i got alminum cause every plastic cell ive ever got has collapsed in the middle no matter that i had it vented.

All the plastic cells do that to an extent, vented or not. Most come with instructions telling you not to "worry" as it is normal.

All the plastic cells do that to an extent, vented or not. Most come with instructions telling you not to "worry" as it is normal.

awe lol i never read the directions. i never worried but if it did it at the sender then there is no way it would be close to right plus it looks like poo:)