front axles!!!!!!!!!! help again!

sy1322

well i replaced the drivers side cv axle and have been having problems it being to tight, the only thing i changed was the axle, no hub bearings, and it was real tight going on the steering knuckle, so i drove it and heard a loud clunking noise, so i replaced the axle again, and still tight but not so much clunking noise, so i ordered 2 more axles,and i replace it again, and this time replace the hub bearings, and it went on alot better no tightness, plus i even looked at both hub bearings, for comparision, and did see a little difference in the hub bearings, where the splines get close to the drive shaft, but drove it down the road, and can hear the rotor making whinning noise, like its touching and not, could i have messed a rotor, or the wheel, plus its still making a clunking noise, i cant hear it or feel it in the passenger side, since i didnt mess with that side, i have posted before about this, but seems nobody has that problem, im

I've never worked on a SyTy before, so I'm just going out on a limb based on what I have worked on (FWD Dodges).

Now if you're using a parts chain store reman axle, such as A-1 Cardone, in my experience there seems to be a lot of variation in the overall compressed lengths of the remanned unit. When I was building my Charger, I had to exchange the axle 3 times before I got one that I could install properly. The others were just too long and the axle binded as soon as I got the suspension bolted back together. Conversely, I once replaced an axle in my GLHS that was too short, and the car spit it out before I got it backed out of the shop.

Secondly, whenever one replaces an axle in these cars, it's a good idea to check that the drivetrain is centered and adjust as needed. By this I mean that both axles have equal "plunge depth", or the amount that you can push the splines toward the hub once the suspension is reassembled (ideally, 3/4" to 5/8"). The reason I bring this up is to ask if there's any adjustment on your transfer case to "center" it?

supercrackerbox!!!!! you hit in the head, ive trying to get a decent answer to my question, and your the only one that answered it, some people on the syty site, tryed to answer it with another question, i appreciate it, thats what i thought, i thought i was nuts, i own a machine shop and fixed enough front suspensions , that i thought i was installing it wrong, but after taking the axles off for the 6th time, geez!!!!!!!! im still thinking the axles are wrong, these axles don't just fit syclone, they fit typhoons, astro vans and some other applications, and there all different, which i found out by calling the dealer, and talking to them. thanks again bro for your input.