Ford Motor

Like I said to each his own, but to bastardize a Buick like that in my personal opinion is nonsense. It is like putting a Chevy in a Pontiac or Oldsmobile. If you wanna Chevy drive one not just the powerplant. But like you said it is his car, do with it as he will. It will certainly be different.:rolleyes:

Uh, I could be wrong, but didn't Chris Chow and Cal Hartline "bastardize" the GN's long ago by your own definition? I'm sure Steve, or somebody else on here can probably name a few more. But I'll assume they get a pass because of fame. RebalT was just tired of eventually pushing out head gaskets running higher boost numbers to make the car move. Now, he'll run barely double digit boost (still on pump gas) and have his car running harder than with 3 times the boost of the ol' V-6.
:wink:

This is what happens when you let a Ford guy work on your Buick, just kidding Greg!

No different than when people put a chevy in a Mustang.......

At least this way, RebalT assures he's going to make good power. We all know that the Ford crowd for years now has outdone the Chevy crowd in most of the shootout type racing. Chuck Samuels, Tim Lynch, Brad Brand....
:tongue:

Or how about a Buick in a Mustang? I know of a certain foxbody hatch that we like to call the "Butang" which should be out soon.:D It started life as a NA 4 cylinder car though so not exactly a big loss to the Ford crowd.
There is no disputing that the Ford guys have had a LOT of success in the various classes of HU racing, but I'd like to think the Buicks helped them along the way by beating the crap out of them back in the 80's and showing them that if they wanted to win they needed to take the same poweradder/technology that was applied to the Buicks from the factory!

Or how about a Buick in a Mustang? I know of a certain foxbody hatch that we like to call the "Butang" which should be out soon.:D It started life as a NA 4 cylinder car though so not exactly a big loss to the Ford crowd.
There is no disputing that the Ford guys have had a LOT of success in the various classes of HU racing, but I'd like to think the Buicks helped them along the way by beating the crap out of them back in the 80's and showing them that if they wanted to win they needed to take the same poweradder/technology that was applied to the Buicks from the factory!

Well said!:wink:

This is simply beating a dead horse, I have stated my 2 cents, and say what you will, that is my opinion.:wink: :wink: :wink:

" buuuuu that man..." jk....all i have to say is good luck.. and your a brave man....:biggrin: :D

Uh, I could be wrong, but didn't Chris Chow and Cal Hartline "bastardize" the GN's long ago by your own definition? I'm sure Steve, or somebody else on here can probably name a few more. But I'll assume they get a pass because of fame. RebalT was just tired of eventually pushing out head gaskets running higher boost numbers to make the car move. Now, he'll run barely double digit boost (still on pump gas) and have his car running harder than with 3 times the boost of the ol' V-6.
:wink:

I believe Cal did his more as an experiment with the LSX stuff, but definitely Chris Chow and guys like Dusty Bradford (who recently ran 7.70's @180+mph on DRs/stock suspension) have proven the benefits of going to the V8. Depending on how fast you want to go, whether or not you want to run a competitive HU class, and how much you have to spend, there is no doubting that the V8 has it's advantages! I think in RebalT's case the fact that he decided to put a Ford in his Buick would probably make him a little more hated by the true Buick purists on here for not having a GM powerplant, but hey it's his car.:smile:

Any details on the build-up?? How many cubes, what heads, will it be a single or twins, etc.??

I drive a 90 Ford Ranger 2.3 and a 5 speed and a turbo setup from my old SVO and boy can that little truck move:rolleyes:

Hey I would love to see pics of this, as I've wondered about dropping a turbo 2.3 into a Ranger or a Courier.:cool: