? for those of you with roll cage in a T-top car

Ironlung

Jeeper
Wasn't sure what forum this would best fit in, so I thought I'd try here first. My GN is a T-top car and I can't stand them! Lots of road noise, rattles, leaks, whistles, etc. I've added all of the extra braces, which helped greatly, but the problems are still there. I've even went so far as to talk to a couple of body shops about cutting the roof off and replacing with a hard top roof. My other GN, that my dad now ownes, is a hard top and the difference is amazing. For those of you with roll cages, do you notice a difference in the T-tops? I know a lot of the problems with T-tops are related to the body flexing and breaking the seal. Did the roll cage stiffin it up enough to help them seal better? I ask because I picked up a Competion Engineering cage at a Buick meet a few years ago for a really good price, just haven't gotten around to having it installed yet.

Thanks! :cool:

Not sure if a roll bar will cure your problems but most roll bars do squeak and make strange tunnel noises traveling up from the frame. My car was real quiet until I put a moly roll bar in. If you never take the tops out try and silicone them in.