? for the Super Tuners

Not sure just what i was always told,Was told not to put it before turbo as heat is much hotter there and sensor life will be cut down
Just wha ti had been told

KLHAMMETT said:
Not sure just what i was always told,Was told not to put it before turbo as heat is much hotter there and sensor life will be cut down
Just wha ti had been told

Yeah, I can see not putting it before the turbo, that makes no sense. Cool, I learn something new everyday. :D

a freind of mine also learned to put the sensor on the top of the pipe to keep it dry.

I put mine 18 inches away from the housing on top of the downpipe. Like was already mentioned. Make sure it's not on the bottom or in a low spot where it can get wet.

If you're using a Bosch WB, then within a couple feet of the Turbo is fine, too close with it, and you can *overheat* it, Innovative at one time sold a deal for helping to shed some heat if it was too close.

The NTK (Honda) can be about anywhere. It's much harder to *overheat* since it has a 850dC operating temp..

The other item is that if you engine is passing much in the way of particulate matter in the exhaust then too close, can cause them to actually stick to the sensor, and that will kill it. To avoid that means mounting it further away, ie closer to say where the cat would normally be. FWIW, I've had a turbo oil seal failure, a piston failure, a set of headgaskets let loose, and the sensor has survived.

You want to mount it, so that the sensor is tilted above horizontial, so that condensation doesn't accumlate in it. Mounting it in between the 10:00 and 2:00 position helps, thou you still need to have it so that it's pointed down, and not tangent to the pipe.

But, I'm no super tuner.